Can't find list server

Help with Setup, Hardware, Performance or other Issues...Or just pimp your rig.
M4l4t3st4
Private
Private

DNS issue

Post by M4l4t3st4 »

I was dealing with same problem.
Suspecting was DNS issue, I´ve added a line:

set list http://66.111.56.50:81/db

at config.cfg

Now I can retrieve servers list!
But... every server I try says "server not found".

:(

Frustrating, but maybe I´m getting close.

I hope it helps.
F687/s
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by F687/s »

Looks like a possible DNS problem, if you can retrieve the list server by IP address, but not by domain name. Do you still get that error if you connect to a server at an IP address? (try 82.38.156.222 at port 5154)
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Try turning off your firewall temporarily and see if that works. Also, what version of the game are you running, what operating system, and did you build the client from source?
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

TheOneAndOnly
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by TheOneAndOnly »

hm... i've got this problem too, i can't connect with the list server either, i have a brilliant connection, but it comes up with (on the chatbox) "trying..." and it won't connect, i am on a laptop connecting to a school WAP so, i think this might have something to do with this.
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

Ralf! wrote:hm... i've got this problem too, i can't connect with the list server either, i have a brilliant connection, but it comes up with (on the chatbox) "trying..." and it won't connect, i am on a laptop connecting to a school WAP so, i think this might have something to do with this.
Almost definitely... schools can be pretty paranoid about what you are connecting to... with good reason
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln
TheOneAndOnly
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by TheOneAndOnly »

no one in the school has heard of the game, slighty wierd, but when i go on the internet i have to put in my password to go on the internet, that may be the cause.
i'm missing BZ quite a bit :cry: