Logging

Help with Setup, Hardware, Performance or other Issues...Or just pimp your rig.
Peter
Private First Class
Private First Class

Logging

Post by Peter »

Is there a way that you can enable logging in bzflag?
“Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF, all of my base are belong to you.” ~ Nerd on Colour
SkillDude
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SkillDude »

With BZFlag, you can do in a command line, bzflag.exe -echo, and when you finish playing, the directory the bzflag program was in will have a stdout.txt file in which you can open it and see the history of messages. I'm not sure what it's really limited to if it is limited, but I know it's there.
Peter
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Peter »

sigonasr2 wrote:With BZFlag, you can do in a command line, bzflag.exe -echo, and when you finish playing, the directory the bzflag program was in will have a stdout.txt file in which you can open it and see the history of messages. I'm not sure what it's really limited to if it is limited, but I know it's there.
That's what I do now, I was just wondering if there was perhaps something in the localset options?
“Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF, all of my base are belong to you.” ~ Nerd on Colour
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

no. the bzdb does not control logging, you can not tell a client to start and stop logging from in game.
ImageJeffM
Tedius
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by Tedius »

You can use the /savemsgs command to save the chat messages. However, it uses a pretty dismal cache size.

On more than one occasion, I've taken numerous screenshots to record the chat.
this signature intentionally left blank