Some Texturing Settings problems

Help with Setup, Hardware, Performance or other Issues...Or just pimp your rig.
Gordo
Private First Class
Private First Class

Some Texturing Settings problems

Post by Gordo »

This problem occured after I upgraded from version 2.0.8 to 2.0.10.

When selected a "texturing setting", all settings up to Nearest Midmap Nearest work with no graphics problems, as seen here.:

However, setting it at any setting above Nearest Midmap Nearest (Linear Midmap Nearest, Linear Midmap Linear, Nearest Midmap Linear) results in graphic problems as seen here:

Oddly enough, the problem seems to go away after setting to the affected three setting and then minimizing and maximizing BZFlag:

Also, it remains not glitchy if the setting is not changed and BZFlag is closed then reopened. Only when switching to a setting other then those three does it return to glitchiness.

My hardware is as follows:

AMD Athlon XP 2100+ 1.73 gHz
ATi Radeon 9000 Series (possibly a "PRO" version; not sure)
512 MB of RAM
Samsung Syncmaster 960BF Monitor set at 1280/1024, 32 bit colour and 60 Hz screen rate.

Any ideas?
allejo
Breaker of Builds
Breaker of Builds

Post by allejo »

well it depends i haven't had that problem with my computer but maybe can it be your graphics card? have you tried downloading bzflag again and installing it again? try that if not idk what do.
Astroman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Astroman »

Do you have the latest drivers for your video card?
"I would rather walk with God in the dark than go alone in the light." -Mary Gardiner Brainard
anomaly
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by anomaly »

What exactly is the problem? What you are describing seems normal.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Sounds just like a buggy driver. Solution? Don't change the setting. :)
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Gordo
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Gordo »

well it depends i haven't had that problem with my computer but maybe can it be your graphics card? have you tried downloading bzflag again and installing it again? try that if not idk what do.
Tried downloading and reinstalling, no effect. I'm starting to think it is the graphics card.
Do you have the latest drivers for your video card?
I did at the time. Coincedently shortly thereafter, I downgraded to an earlier driver. Still no change.
What exactly is the problem? What you are describing seems normal.
Simply put, the graphics mess up when switching settings about nearest midmap nearest, unless I minimize.
Sounds just like a buggy driver. Solution? Don't change the setting.
Lol. Yeah, I've been doing that up till now., I have a feeling I'll just have to minimize and then leave it on the setting permanantly.