OS X 10.5.5

Help with Setup, Hardware, Performance or other Issues...Or just pimp your rig.
Cj_
Private First Class
Private First Class

OS X 10.5.5

Post by Cj_ »

BZFlag crashes constantly under OS X 10.5.5. not constant reason, but usually within a couple of minutes... but sometimes a lot longer.

Cj
lol_u died

Post by lol_u died »

Did you ever try deleting your cache and/or reinstalling bzflag?
Winny
Grouchy
Grouchy

Post by Winny »

Yeah, there are a few known issues with BZFlag on 10.5.5.

For one, Macbooks with GMA X3100 Intel integrated cards experience a extremely substantial drop in FPS, which can be fixed by turning off smoothing.

Apple states that 10.5.5 includes "significant graphical enhancements", which generally means a video card driver update has been made. If many bugs are found they (Apple) may release a patch.
netochka nezvanova
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by netochka nezvanova »

everything fine here

macbookpro 2.4 10.5.5
zack
Private First Class
Private First Class

MAC OS X 10.5.5

Post by zack »

Hello,

I have the same problem with bzflag 2.0.10. I have install the new MAC OS X - Version 10.5.5 and bzflag crashes after installing. With 10.5.4. -Version was it perfect but now have Apple integrated a graphics update from the update 10.5.5. Spore (the new game of EA) runs perfect and better. [say reports from the Internet, I did not play]

When I start the game bzflag then runs 10, 12 or 17 minutes and have kernelpanic.This is the same problem, as it was on the bzflag Version 2.0.8, or 2.0.10 RC 4 . With final version 2.0.10 was the problem disappeared. But now we have it again. :-(

Technical data: iMac 24" / 2,4 Ghz / 10.5.5. / bzflag version 2.0.10 / ATI Radeon HD 2600 (EFI Treiberversion: 01.00.219)

Many greetings from Germany
zack

PS: @netochka nezvanova: I think that is only the ATI driver. MBP have Nvidia. well … you just lucky ;-)
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

If you're getting a kernel panic, it's probably a bad driver. Complain to Apple.

If the game itself is crashing, then I would recommend grabbing the latest SVN code from the v2_0branch branch, building a debug version, and getting a backtrace of the crash via GDB.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Cj_
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Cj_ »

Yes, absolutely... still happens, I bet to the chagrin of my opponents.

Sounds like I need to take the time and build a debug version...
lol_u died wrote:Did you ever try deleting your cache and/or reinstalling bzflag?
Beatlemaniac
Private
Private

Also on MacBook

Post by Beatlemaniac »

I am using a MacBook and am having severe problems also, not quitting just extremely shaky and especially the sky keeps blurring. Been running on 10.5.4 on experimental graphics setting and all was fine. :(
Fiddled around a bit and tried turning smoothing on and off a couple of times and BINGO! Thanks Winnie! :)
Dalek
Private
Private

solved here also

Post by Dalek »

My bzflag on osx kept crashing as well, after a few minutes. I disabled smoothing in the bzflag display settings and now it's running fine. I don't notice any difference in rendering by the way.

I'm running bzflag 2.0.10 on an iMac 20" wich has an ATI Radeon HD 2400 graphics chipset. OSX version 10.5.6.

Thanks guys.
yamar
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: OS X 10.5.5

Post by yamar »

smoothing worked for me!