Minimizing

Help with Setup, Hardware, Performance or other Issues...Or just pimp your rig.
slime
Private First Class
Private First Class

Minimizing

Post by slime »

Back again with a new problem.

For some reason, BZ won't let me minimize anymore. Everything I press to try and minimize, it turns my screen a shade darker and freezes BZ. I've tried pressing f4, the Windows key, and ctrl+esc, all with the same result. Any ideas as to what I can do to minimize BZ again?

Slime
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Rename your config file and then see if it works after that. If so, it's probably something messed up with your configuration file.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Monster
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Monster »

hey,
I can minimize bzflag easily by pressing F1., but i was wondering how to free my mouse when bzf is once minimized!?
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

F1 toggles windowed mode on and off, F4 minimizes. Minimize and you will get control of your mouse back.
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln
anomaly
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by anomaly »

Monster wrote:hey,
I can minimize bzflag easily by pressing F1., but i was wondering how to free my mouse when bzf is once minimized!?
You can also turn off 'Confine Mouse' in Options->Input Settings
That can be a problem if your mouse is off the window and you try to fire a shot though.
slime
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by slime »

blast wrote:Rename your config file and then see if it works after that. If so, it's probably something messed up with your configuration file.
Nope, didn't work. I even deleted the config that was there (saved it somewhere else first so I could get it back) and tried the default config. No change, still froze whenever I tried to minimize.
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

You using Vista then? That happens to me with a dual monitor config with nVidia drivers. It started happening with the latest nVidia drivers.
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln
lol_u died

Post by lol_u died »

This is what I do to get to my desktop.

Press F1 to get to windowed size of bzflag
Then press the Start Key on the keyboard.
tw1sted
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by tw1sted »

I am having this same problem and I am indeed using vista, but I do not have a dual monitor setup (although I do have an nVidia card).
lol_u died

Post by lol_u died »

Like I said, use my method. and let me know if it works
tw1sted
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by tw1sted »

That is what I have been doing. I just alt-tab out of the game instead of hitting the windows key after I hit F1. It gets rather annoying after a while.
slime
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by slime »

I am indeed using Windows Vista, and the problem appears to have started after I downloaded the latest NVIDIA drivers.

The f1 -> windows key , works for me, even though I don't like it. It just bugs me, because I used to minimize ALL the time while playing. Now I have to do these multi-step ways just to minimize, and it's really getting annoying :P. It's not the end of the world by doing this, but it would be nice if someone could find a solution. The problem appears to be with the latest NVIDIA drivers..
Tank 52
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Tank 52 »

YAY! someone finally posted this,figures too i download the same drivers and this happens but i adapted :lol-old: just hit f1 then windows key or f4,ill be having trouble running security scans minimized while i play bz though,since whenever the scan is finished it minimizes whatever im on automatically and pops up,which occures when im play bz,so the problem happens,quite annoying :( But i wont be on bz for a bit,apparantly i downloaded a bad file(was going to hack warrock,enough said :) ) And now ive got a virus so im dealing with that currently and ill be back on bz in a few days
Try to look unimportant,they may be low on ammo
Teamwork is essential,it gives them other people to shoot at.