cannot log in

Help with Setup, Hardware, Performance or other Issues...Or just pimp your rig.
babablacksheep
Private
Private

cannot log in

Post by babablacksheep »

Hi I am having problems logging in. I keep getting booted out because the servers say my call sign is registered. I am using the right password and call sign. For some reason this has only started recently.... can anybody help?
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

Are you getting a 'bad token' error before getting booted?

http://my.bzflag.org/w/Common_Support_Issues

Specifically, Global Login not identifying. Your ISP may have put a proxy between you and the server.
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln
babablacksheep
Private
Private

Post by babablacksheep »

Yes I am getting a "bad token" error. I already tried the link... it doesn't help. I have had the same ISP for years and never had this problem...

AAAAAAHHHHHH... tx for the reply... any further suggestions?
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

So you changed the port to 81?

Whether you have had the same ISP for years is irrelevant. ISPs are constantly changing the way they do things to decrease costs, and adding a proxy would reduce their upstream bandwidth costs. So it is possible.

Bad token means something is getting between you and the BZflag auth server. That thing is a proxy. You may or may not be able to do anything about it.

Call your ISP. See if they have a proxy on ports 80 and 81. If you did what that article said, then there isn't much we can do, and if they have a proxy on those 2 ports there isn't much we can do either.
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln
babablacksheep
Private
Private

Post by babablacksheep »

Strangely, I no longer get the list of servers when I start BZfalg... could that problem be related?
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

Can you see this? http://my.bzflag.org:81/db
babablacksheep
Private
Private

Post by babablacksheep »

Don't know what that interface was... but it seems to have cleared the problem.... Many, many thanks... I was beginning to suffer from BZ-cold turkey...
Oimmuk
Private
Private

Post by Oimmuk »

I too can't log in and I get an error message saying mine is registered. I cannot find the config file, anywhere on my box. I was playing fine till I tried another server then bam I cannot get into any now... :( Image
Winny
Grouchy
Grouchy

Post by Winny »

It says you must identify before playing.

Clear out your password name username, and enter them exactly as they are here, capitalization included.
Oimmuk
Private
Private

Post by Oimmuk »

Winny wrote:It says you must identify before playing.

Clear out your password name username, and enter them exactly as they are here, capitalization included.
Tried it just entering my info and no go It says something about "did not get token"?
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

That generally means that your callsign, password or both are NOT correct. In fact amazingly enough it says that on the next line down...

They must BOTH be exactly what you use here.
Oimmuk
Private
Private

Post by Oimmuk »

What about this Global Login rejected?
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

joevano wrote:Are you getting a 'bad token' error before getting booted?

http://my.bzflag.org/w/Common_Support_Issues

Specifically, Global Login not identifying. Your ISP may have put a proxy between you and the server.
Lather... Rinse... Repeat...

Look at that.
Hekate
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: cannot log in

Post by Hekate »

Hello,

I have log in problems as well.
I already changed the config file as recomended, that is changing the port to 81, but there is still a problem. When I am in a map as observer and want to join the game as player I get a minus in front of my callsign. What I do is:
1. Esc
2. Leave Game
3. Join Game
4. Change Team: Obs --> Colour
5. Connect

Now I have to do it again in order to log in properly, that is, I have to do it twice ... and the other players must wait for me.

Maybe someone could help.
Thank you
Hekate
Last edited by Hekate on Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Make sure you use the exact same username and password on the Join Game screen as you use here on the forum.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Hekate
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Hekate »

Thank you blast for your answer,
but I do log in with the same callsign and password.
It mus be an other problem. I even installed bzf new, but it is still not possible to log in without the problem I mentioned.
Any other suggestions?
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

If you're using a complex password, try changing it to something less complex. If that works, then there's probably some issue with our password checking code. Please let me know if that works so that so that I can look into why.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Hekate
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Hekate »

Hello,

I still have this log in problem.
I changed the port to 81, I use the same callsign and password, I changed my password into a simple one, but still, it is not working.
Any further suggestions?

mfg
Hekate
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Hekate wrote:Hello,

I still have this log in problem.
I changed the port to 81, I use the same callsign and password, I changed my password into a simple one, but still, it is not working.
Any further suggestions?

mfg
Hekate
Do you know anyone or anywhere that you can try playing from that uses a different internet provider? Friend's house? Internet cafe? That might help narrow down if it's your ISP.