Color "weirdness" on new MacBook Pro running BZFla

Help with Setup, Hardware, Performance or other Issues...Or just pimp your rig.
kg4ysn
Private
Private

Color "weirdness" on new MacBook Pro running BZFla

Post by kg4ysn »

I recently switched over to one of the new unibody MacBook Pro and installed BZFlag 2.0.10. It's running Mac OS X 10.5.5. The colors in the game appear to be somewhat pastel and ghosty. I've tried messing with the in-game display settings, but have had no success.

Any advice?

Chris
ChMetal
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ChMetal »

Maybe thats just they way that the game looks like on your MacBook. Does it affect gameplay at all?
CH
kg4ysn
Private
Private

Yes

Post by kg4ysn »

Yes, it's almost impossible to tell red from green. The game was working perfectly on my old MacBook running 10.5.4. Given two variables changed -- the OS version (10.5.4 vs 10.5.5) and the hardware (old MacBook Pro vs. new MacBook Pro) -- I figured it would be best to check in with the rest of the bzflag community.

Chris
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

It should look the same. Can you post a screenshot (or a portion of a screenshot) of what it looks like?
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

kg4ysn
Private
Private

Screen shots

Post by kg4ysn »

Yup, here ya go!

Chris
Attachments
bzfi0002.png
(502.99 KiB) Downloaded 26 times
bzfi0001.png
(364.22 KiB) Downloaded 30 times
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

It looks like you might have the "Brightness" setting in the Display Options menu maxed out. Move it to the middle and see if that looks better.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

kg4ysn
Private
Private

Post by kg4ysn »

Thanks for the suggestion! It definitely helped, though the sky still seems a little off. I'll keep tweaking things, just happy to know it may not be a fundamental driver issue.

Chris
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

You could always delete your configuration file to reset everything back to defaults.

dexter
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dexter »

When I upgraded to 10.5.5 on my intel MacBook (old one) it screwed BZFlag up completely due to the fact that Apple broke the intel video drivers with 10.5.5. I believe turning "smoothing" off in the options helps a lot.
??? Lauria
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ??? Lauria »

Oh, I used to have the same problem a few months ago.

Your gamma is screwed up. Try and get your computer to force a gamma of 1.0 for everything.
Stop chewing that phonecord, young man!