How do I make bots?

Help with Setup, Hardware, Performance or other Issues...Or just pimp your rig.
Mudsquisher
Private First Class
Private First Class

How do I make bots?

Post by Mudsquisher »

In general, how do you make bots? Can you hve bots even thouh you are not admin or cop? Please help. thanks
blast
General
General

Re: How do I make bots?

Post by blast »

In general, you will be banned for running bots on servers that you do not run. And if you run a server, it could be banned from the list server for having bots. Use them only on local servers that aren't on the public list.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Mudsquisher
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Mudsquisher »

i know that on most servers tht you are not allowed tomake bots but how would you?
tobylane
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by tobylane »

Wiki.

http://my.bzflag.org/w/Bots

It says command line option, but there's nothing on that page about it, nor server variables.

A search for bots on the wiki, http://my.bzflag.org/w/Single_Player_Mo ... _with_bots
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

solo bots are run by the client, not the server. They are started using the command line option -solo N where N is the number of bots you want your client to spawn when it joins a server.

Using bots on a public server is usually a good way to get banned by the owner. If you don't own the server don't use them.
ImageJeffM