need to clear this up

Help with Setup, Hardware, Performance or other Issues...Or just pimp your rig.
Xtank
Private First Class
Private First Class

need to clear this up

Post by Xtank »

I downloaded a 1.10.4, like I said it turns out black. I went to a site, and they said that, from the read, i need to compile? I tried to, but it's pretty complicated. Is there a 1.10.4 version that I can download and works when i open it? Thanks. Online buds from my last post told me to go to sourceforge. I did and I found 3 files for download. Which one actually works without compiling? Thanks.
SGI
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SGI »

Good
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

what OS do you need it for?
ImageJeffM
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Xtank wrote:And my os is windows 98, 120mb ram, 900mhz, 8mb vram.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

blast
General
General

Post by blast »

The file you want is bzflag-1.10.4-0.W32.exe, being that you only have 8MB of VRAM.

When the screen goes blank, does the power light on the monitor change color? (like from green to orange?) If it does, it means your monitor can't do that screen mode. Also, what video card do you have in there?
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

SGI
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SGI »

Sorry Its like I was drunk last night..........
I read you downloaded and its working .......uhmmmmm I'm coming an old rusty tank.
The people help you out if you can provide your OS (operating system) and graphic card (mb too).

For windows the file is called bzflag win32 and ytou can find it on sourceforge.
Click here
There is two files:
-bzflag-1.10.4-0-high_res.W32.exe
this one is High resolution (you need a good graphic card and a good internet for download it .....cable/asdl the file is a little BIG)
-bzflag-1.10.4-0.W32.exe
this is the second one ........
have fun and if you still to have problem tell which one but remember graphic card and OS.
Sorry about my post.......I understood.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

It might also help if you post the line from your bzflag19.bzc file that shows the screen resolution. (the "set resolution" line) The file is located in "c:\My Documents\My BZFlag Files\" on Windows 98. Just open it in notepad, then copy and paste the line here.

SGI
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SGI »

Can you send me:
SSN ,bank account number, tax deduction, ID, passpor too........Just kidding.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

SGI wrote:Can you send me:
SSN ,bank account number, tax deduction, ID, passpor too.Just kidding.
lol :lol-old:

Xtank
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Xtank »

Hey thanks for the help, may need some time to try it out. Just a word, the file you told me to download was probably a exe and 5mb, then what is the zip version(3mb) for?
And why do they talk of compiling? tHanks.

"Whot havoc hath thou wrought onto this hither lande?"
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

The zip version just contains the high-resolution textures to make it the same as the 9MB EXE download.

In this case, I'm not sure that compiling your own would really make a difference.