Sound issues?

Help with Setup, Hardware, Performance or other Issues...Or just pimp your rig.
linus52
Private
Private

Sound issues?

Post by linus52 »

I am trying to compile bzflag 2.0.12 on Solaris 10 (x86 machines) for use in our labs.
It compiles and things seem good, however when I run the game, I get these errors:

Unable to locate [fire] audio file (media dir is set to /usr/local/versions/bzflag-2.0.12/share/bzflag)
Unable to locate [explosion] audio file (media dir is set to /usr/local/versions/bzflag-2.0.12/share/bzflag)
Unable to locate [ricochet] audio file (media dir is set to /usr/local/versions/bzflag-2.0.12/share/bzflag)
Unable to locate [flag_grab] audio file (media dir is set to /usr/local/versions/bzflag-2.0.12/share/bzflag)
Unable to locate [flag_drop] audio file (media dir is set to /usr/local/versions/bzflag-2.0.12/share/bzflag)
Unable to locate [flag_won] audio file (media dir is set to /usr/local/versions/bzflag-2.0.12/share/bzflag)
Unable to locate [flag_lost] audio file (media dir is set to /usr/local/versions/bzflag-2.0.12/share/bzflag)
Unable to locate [flag_alert] audio file (media dir is set to /usr/local/versions/bzflag-2.0.12/share/bzflag)
Unable to locate [jump] audio file (media dir is set to /usr/local/versions/bzflag-2.0.12/share/bzflag)
Unable to locate [land] audio file (media dir is set to /usr/local/versions/bzflag-2.0.12/share/bzflag)
Unable to locate [teleport] audio file (media dir is set to /usr/local/versions/bzflag-2.0.12/share/bzflag)
Unable to locate [laser] audio file (media dir is set to /usr/local/versions/bzflag-2.0.12/share/bzflag)
Unable to locate [shock] audio file (media dir is set to /usr/local/versions/bzflag-2.0.12/share/bzflag)
Unable to locate [pop] audio file (media dir is set to /usr/local/versions/bzflag-2.0.12/share/bzflag)
Unable to locate [explosion] audio file (media dir is set to /usr/local/versions/bzflag-2.0.12/share/bzflag)
Unable to locate [flag_grab] audio file (media dir is set to /usr/local/versions/bzflag-2.0.12/share/bzflag)
Unable to locate [boom] audio file (media dir is set to /usr/local/versions/bzflag-2.0.12/share/bzflag)
Unable to locate [killteam] audio file (media dir is set to /usr/local/versions/bzflag-2.0.12/share/bzflag)
Unable to locate [phantom] audio file (media dir is set to /usr/local/versions/bzflag-2.0.12/share/bzflag)
Unable to locate [missile] audio file (media dir is set to /usr/local/versions/bzflag-2.0.12/share/bzflag)
Unable to locate [lock] audio file (media dir is set to /usr/local/versions/bzflag-2.0.12/share/bzflag)
Unable to locate [teamgrab] audio file (media dir is set to /usr/local/versions/bzflag-2.0.12/share/bzflag)
Unable to locate [hunt] audio file (media dir is set to /usr/local/versions/bzflag-2.0.12/share/bzflag)
Unable to locate [hunt_select] audio file (media dir is set to /usr/local/versions/bzflag-2.0.12/share/bzflag)
Unable to locate [steamroller] audio file (media dir is set to /usr/local/versions/bzflag-2.0.12/share/bzflag)
Unable to locate [thief] audio file (media dir is set to /usr/local/versions/bzflag-2.0.12/share/bzflag)
Unable to locate [burrow] audio file (media dir is set to /usr/local/versions/bzflag-2.0.12/share/bzflag)
Unable to locate [message_private] audio file (media dir is set to /usr/local/versions/bzflag-2.0.12/share/bzflag)
Unable to locate [message_team] audio file (media dir is set to /usr/local/versions/bzflag-2.0.12/share/bzflag)
Unable to locate [message_admin] audio file (media dir is set to /usr/local/versions/bzflag-2.0.12/share/bzflag)
Unable to locate [flap] audio file (media dir is set to /usr/local/versions/bzflag-2.0.12/share/bzflag)
Unable to locate [bounce] audio file (media dir is set to /usr/local/versions/bzflag-2.0.12/share/bzflag)
WARNING: Unable to open audio data files

and although the game plays, it is silent.

I was hoping to hook a lot of new players during Orientation, so any help would be appreciated. :-)

~linus
joevano
General
General

Re: Sound issues?

Post by joevano »

Might be a good idea to pop out to the IRC channel #bzflag on irc.freenode.net
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Do any files exist in that directory? ( /usr/local/versions/bzflag-2.0.12/share/bzflag )
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

clarahobbs
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by clarahobbs »

Try finding the data directory and then specify it with the -directory option when you start BZFlag. That would probably fix it.
FKA Ratfink
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

Ratfink wrote:Try finding the data directory and then specify it with the -directory option when you start BZFlag. That would probably fix it.
Nope.. not even close..
He came out to the IRC channel and has been working with the devs on it. Last I heard, it had to do with SDL and they were working through it.
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

It was fixed by using the native Solaris platform code instead of SDL. I don't think SDL was set up to work on Solaris.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)