main menu and ingame lag

Help with Setup, Hardware, Performance or other Issues...Or just pimp your rig.
sid
Private
Private

main menu and ingame lag

Post by sid »

Hey,

When I start bzflag (bzflag-2.0.16) I've got huge lags (1 fps) in main menu and in game.
If I press esc in main menu (so no menu, just a picture), I have got 326 fps(works fine), but otherwise, I have one fps, so its impossible to play.

help me pls

thanks,
Sid
Yrogirg
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: main menu lagg

Post by Yrogirg »

So how many fps do you have in game (the actual play) without menu? 1 fps in that case probably means 3D video driver not installed. What's your video card and operating system?
sid
Private
Private

Re: main menu and ingame lag

Post by sid »

my computer:
MS windows XP professional sp3
AMD Athlon 64X2 Dual Core processor 3800+, 336mb RAm, ATI radeon Xpress 1150
in this computer in menu I have got 1 fps, but while im playing its okay, more than 300.

in my laptop same problem, but have 1 fps while im playing
sry for thinking that in this computer I have 1 fps while im playing. (tohught if I have 1 in laptop, I have here too)

and thanks for help
Cobra_Fast
Dev Monkey
Dev Monkey

Post by Cobra_Fast »

You probably got old (or wrong) graphic drivers running, as you say your FPS are only dropping when the menu is active, your driver might not be able to handle the menu overlay over the 3D quickly.
Your laptop might not even have a 3D accelerated graphic card or it's a driver problem, too.
sid
Private
Private

Post by sid »

so what to do (and forget about the laptop(its a really old one))
Cobra_Fast
Dev Monkey
Dev Monkey

Post by Cobra_Fast »

Check if there are newer drivers for your graphics card available at http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx before buying a better (not necessarily brandnew) graphics card.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Also, make sure you have all of the graphics settings turned up. Check in Options > Display Settings. Turn everything (except shadows and lighting, unless you want them - energy saver can also be left off) to the highest setting. Some of the "lower" options are designed for software rendering and may not run fast on modern hardware/drivers.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

macsforme
General
General

Post by macsforme »

When you first launch the game, the console should have a line "OpenGL Driver: " and should say something afterward. What does that line say?
sid
Private
Private

Post by sid »

I apprichiate your help ppl. Thanks!!

Im not at hoem atm, but I will check those things what you said as soon as I can.

Thanks again,
Sid