HELP - GLX and stuff.

Help with Setup, Hardware, Performance or other Issues...Or just pimp your rig.
DEATH[2-I]
Private First Class
Private First Class

HELP - GLX and stuff.

Post by DEATH[2-I] »

anybody using Nvidia and windows knows that the driver has lots of options you can change relating to texture buffers etch.

can i change things in the linux driver?

the reason i ask is because i think it may be related to the freezing problem.
i just managed to freeze the windows version by playing with the settings!!!!

one other thing,
my flag identifies my AGP tnt card as PCI, why? is this a symbol that something is not right?

come on Fiber - do your magic (you know you should write a book) 8)
some guy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by some guy »

You can get the latest drivers from Nvidia, and with them, find the text documentation. Under, APPENDIX D: XF86CONFIG OPTIONS, there are plenty of doohickies to play with by modifying your XF86Config file. [ none of which i have messed with]

That's a start. if you find out what causes the Linux version to freeze, let me know. I have to reset quite frequently because of it.
Fiberchunks
Administrator
Administrator

yeah.

Post by Fiberchunks »

There are oodles of options for the NVidia drivers.

Do me a favor - run the command
prompt->$ glxgears

and let it run for about 10 printouts of the framerates: also, email me your XFree86.0.log : bzbb-admin@snet.net

When I have a second I'll take a gander at it (but make sure that you grab a log that is generated immediately after you start X - otherwise there will be extraneous cruft in there that I don't need to look at. When you mail it to me, make sure you specify the following:
  • card name:
  • card manuf:
  • (attached files: XFree86.0.log, XF86Config-4, output of lsmod (as root), the values of glxgears running ).
Send me all the above, and I'll take a look see at it when I get a second.

Peace