Error when building bzflag

Help with Setup, Hardware, Performance or other Issues...Or just pimp your rig.
yosef
Private First Class
Private First Class

Error when building bzflag

Post by yosef »

Hi. I'm trying to install BZFlag 2.4 on a fresh install of Ubuntu 11.10 (32-bit). Autogen.sh works fine, as does ./configure. g++ is installed. When running the make command, the process crashes when it enters the "src" folder, like so:

make[2]: Entering directory `/home/yosefk/Desktop/bzflag-2.4.0/src/common'
source='AccessList.cxx' object='AccessList.lo' libtool=yes \
DEPDIR=.deps depmode=none /bin/bash ../../misc/depcomp \
/bin/bash ../../libtool --silent --tag=CXX --silent --mode=compile g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../../include -DINSTALL_DATA_DIR=\"/usr/local/share/bzflag\" -I../../src/other/zlib -I../../src/other/curl/include -c -o AccessList.lo AccessList.cxx
In file included from /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/char_traits.h:41:0,
from /usr/include/c++/4.6/string:42,
from ../../include/AccessList.h:17,
from AccessList.cxx:16:
/usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_algobase.h:233:56: error: macro "min" passed 3 arguments, but takes just 2
In file included from /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_algo.h:62:0,
from /usr/include/c++/4.6/algorithm:63,
from ../../include/TextUtils.h:23,
from AccessList.cxx:26:
/usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/algorithmfwd.h:369:41: error: macro "min" passed 3 arguments, but takes just 2
In file included from /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/char_traits.h:41:0,
from /usr/include/c++/4.6/string:42,
from ../../include/AccessList.h:17,
from AccessList.cxx:16:
/usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_algobase.h:187:5: error: expected initializer before '&' token
/usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_algobase.h:210:5: error: redefinition of 'template<class _Tp> const _Tp& std::max(const _Tp&, const _Tp&)'
../../include/common.h:298:33: error: 'template<class comparable> const comparable& std::max(const comparable&, const comparable&)' previously declared here
/usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_algobase.h:233:5: error: 'std::min' declared as an 'inline' variable
/usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_algobase.h:233:5: error: template declaration of 'const _Tp& std::min'
/usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_algobase.h:236:7: error: expected primary-expression before 'if'
/usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_algobase.h:236:7: error: expected '}' before 'if'
/usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_algobase.h:238:7: error: expected unqualified-id before 'return'
/usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_algobase.h:266:17: error: expected template-name before '<' token
/usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_algobase.h:266:17: error: expected '{' before '<' token
/usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_algobase.h:266:17: error: expected unqualified-id before '<' token
/usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_algobase.h: In function 'typename _Niter_base<_Iterator>::iterator_type __niter_base(_Iterator)':
/usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_algobase.h:272:14: error: '_Niter_base' is not a member of 'std'
/usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_algobase.h:272:14: note: suggested alternative:
/usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_algobase.h:265:12: note: '_Niter_base'
/usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_algobase.h:272:40: error: expected primary-expression before '>' token
/usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_algobase.h:272:41: error: '::_S_base' has not been declared
/usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_algobase.h: At global scope:
/usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_algobase.h:277:17: error: expected template-name before '<' token

/usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_algobase.h:1202:1: error: expected declaration before '}' token
make[2]: *** [AccessList.lo] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/yosefk/Desktop/bzflag-2.4.0/src/common'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/yosefk/Desktop/bzflag-2.4.0/src'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

What exactly is happening wrong? Thank you.
--9/12 Taking an extended break from this beloved game to return to RL. Look for me at the starbow's end...
blast
General
General

Re: Error when building bzflag

Post by blast »

Did you follow the instructions in the README.Linux file and install the necessary dependencies? And after that, did you run the 'configure' script again so that the build system detected them? Have you tried doing a 'make distclean' and then redoing the build steps?
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

yosef
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by yosef »

Merci. Should have RTM.
--9/12 Taking an extended break from this beloved game to return to RL. Look for me at the starbow's end...
puma
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by puma »

Same issue with me, lubuntu 32 bit 12.04. I get this output after I type the command "make install"

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[5]: *** [curl] Error 1
make[5]: Leaving directory `/home/puma/Desktop/bzflag-2.4.0/src/other/curl/src'
make[4]: *** [all] Error 2
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/puma/Desktop/bzflag-2.4.0/src/other/curl/src'
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/puma/Desktop/bzflag-2.4.0/src/other/curl'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/puma/Desktop/bzflag-2.4.0/src/other'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/puma/Desktop/bzflag-2.4.0/src'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
root@puma-MS-7551:/home/puma/Desktop/bzflag-2.4.0# make isntall
make: *** No rule to make target `isntall'. Stop.
root@puma-MS-7551:/home/puma/Desktop/bzflag-2.4.0#

I installed all the stuff from from the README.linux, and the debian readme. Still wont work. Any ideas? thanks.
Last edited by puma on Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

What you posted is not the error. It just says "there was an error". Post what was above that part as well. In addition, you spelled "install" wrong. :)
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)