Any time I join a server I get kicked off.

Help with Setup, Hardware, Performance or other Issues...Or just pimp your rig.
u_said_no
Private
Private

Any time I join a server I get kicked off.

Post by u_said_no »

Anytime I join a server I immediately get kicked off. I just started up so I probably am missing something, but not sure what that is. It keeps saying something about global authentication.

Thanks for your time.
SkillDude
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Any time I join a server I get kicked off.

Post by SkillDude »

I can think of one of two possibilities. Since you said immediately kicked off, I am guessing you are newly registered and are trying to use your newly registered callsign on servers. If that is the case, verify you do not have a - sign by your name on the scoreboard when you join. If you do, you are not authenticating properly, probably because you entered a wrong password. If you cannot get it fixed, you may want to consider resetting your password or contacting an admin on these forums for more assistance. If you're not sure if this is the case, use some random untaken callsign and if you can play again, there's definitely something up with your callsign.

The only other reason I can think of is if you shoot a bullet, you may get kicked for not having UDP enabled. Though this is probably not the case since you said you get immediately kicked off.

Hope this helps a little.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Use the same username/password from the forum as your callsign/password in the Join Game menu.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Sniper752
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Sniper752 »

Some symbols don't seem to work in the BZF client. "&" and "#" I know as a fact don't work. I wouldn't be surprised of other similar symbols wouldn't work in the cline, such as !@^* etc.
so if your password has any symbols like these it in, try changing it to a password that doesn't have these
[center]::|:|::|Sniper752|::|:|::
Map Maker
Avid Airsofter
Owner: Hosting.BZAddict.net ports 5242 and 5243
Admin: bzsupreme.webarts.bc.ca[/center]