Ubuntu issues

Help with Setup, Hardware, Performance or other Issues...Or just pimp your rig.
dont laze me bro
Private
Private

Ubuntu issues

Post by dont laze me bro »

Hi,

I am using Ubuntu 12.04 LTS fully patched, fairly recent integrated Intel MB, plenty of memory and hardwired Ethernet connection, with BZF 2.4.2 unmodified (no cheat client or any other changes). I have three issues.

The first is that other players sometime cannot lock on me with GM. I've been banned from one site (as Lush) for cheating, but I didn't. It's now a problem on Mofo and so I've stopped playing (boooooo).

Another is that shots on the radar appear as white no matter where they came from. It used to be that shots were colored. I do have my options set for colored shots. On sites without TKs I can't tell whether to avoid or jump, so I die.

Final issue is that tanks carrying team flags used to be apparent on the radar, now I can't see the difference. This is particularly troublesome on Mofo; when combined with a radar screen full of white shots, I fall prey to genos.

Any help would be appreciated.

Lush / don't laze me bro / whatever I feel like at the moment. . .
blast
General
General

Re: Ubuntu issues

Post by blast »

Could you provide more details about your hardware, a dump of 'glxinfo', and screenshots of the graphical issues?
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)