Not Able To Connect To Brad

Help with Setup, Hardware, Performance or other Issues...Or just pimp your rig.
Snake12534
Private First Class
Private First Class

Not Able To Connect To Brad

Post by Snake12534 »

I am unable to connect to any brad's server. Whether it's a GU server, Ducati, or Hix FFA server, I will get an error saying "Error connecting to server." I tried different callsigns but that didn't work. I also switched between my routers and that did not work as well. Please help me fix this issue, thank you.

-Snake
retired
ZE BOZZ
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Not Able To Connect To Brad

Post by ZE BOZZ »

Have you tried reseting your router? Also something as simple as turning off your wifi connection on your computer then turning it back on will work. Those two normally work for me, it's just a bit troublesome. You could also try deleting BZFlag and reinstalling it. Hopefully it is not a more complicated issue than that.
•• •• •• •• ••
"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens." - J.R.R. Tolkien
Mopar Madness
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Mopar Madness »

I had the same issue a long time ago w/ Blast's server, it was an IP range ban and Blast had to whitelist me, you need to pm Brad and tell him about the problem, chances are you are in the middle of a range ban.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Reinstalling the game never fixes issues, unless the issue was caused by you messing with the actual program files.

That's a different issue, Mopar. "Error connecting to server" means it can't even open a connection to the server. "Server unexpectedly disconnected" is when the hostban bug occurs (or some other connection issues after a connection is established).
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Avatar »

First suggestion would be trying to run a traceroute to Brad's server to possibly see if one of the jumps between you and there is down (or at least unstable).
And the lesson for tonight is:

Never underestimate the ability of a newb to expect instant success and cry "cheat!" when they don't get it. Don't hate the newb, just give them plenty of learning opportunities. ;)