MG Glitch

Help with Setup, Hardware, Performance or other Issues...Or just pimp your rig.
Sniper752
Private First Class
Private First Class

MG Glitch

Post by Sniper752 »

Anyone else having the MG glitch? You pick up the flag and it fires, and you have no ability to stop the firing. It has been the death of me many many many times on Urban Jungle due to the amount of mg flags there.
Anyone have an idea of how to fix it?
[center]::|:|::|Sniper752|::|:|::
Map Maker
Avid Airsofter
Owner: Hosting.BZAddict.net ports 5242 and 5243
Admin: bzsupreme.webarts.bc.ca[/center]
kierra
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Re: MG Glitch

Post by kierra »

I have the very same problem on apocalypse with MG.
For that reason, i drop it asap.
"Sometimes people try to expose what's wrong with you, because they can't handle what's right about you."
"Measure your words -- they determine the distance of your relationships"
"If serving is beneath you, leadership is beyond ypu."
Frank The Tank
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Frank The Tank »

Have you both tried to hit fire straight away?
Always stops firing for me after that, then you can control when to fire from then on.
Try it don't panic next time, hehe
alezakos
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by alezakos »

Have you tried hitting the Enter key? There is a chance that it will stop the merciless shooting.

To fix it once and for all, try pressing n and typing the following command while in the game:

Code: Select all

/bind "Left Mouse" both fire
That will assign the fire action of your tank to both the UP and DOWN actions of your mouse. Right now, firing is probably only assigned to your mouse DOWN action, something that causes unstoppable MG shots for some reason. The above command should take care of the issue.
macsforme
General
General

Post by macsforme »

I have firing actions bound to both keys and the mouse wheel. When I grab the MG flag, it starts firing automatically. When I use the mouse wheel, it switches to firing only when moving the wheel. When I tap a firing key, it starts firing automatically again.
Sniper752
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Sniper752 »

Interesting, I'll have to try some of those options. Thanks!
[center]::|:|::|Sniper752|::|:|::
Map Maker
Avid Airsofter
Owner: Hosting.BZAddict.net ports 5242 and 5243
Admin: bzsupreme.webarts.bc.ca[/center]
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Avatar »

Constitution wrote:I have firing actions bound to both keys and the mouse wheel. When I grab the MG flag, it starts firing automatically. When I use the mouse wheel, it switches to firing only when moving the wheel. When I tap a firing key, it starts firing automatically again.
Sounds like the glitch is that the client is using the fire button as a toggle when carrying MG instead of a catch-and-release. Somebody with more experience and patience than I may need to dig through the code and test the logic there.
And the lesson for tonight is:

Never underestimate the ability of a newb to expect instant success and cry "cheat!" when they don't get it. Don't hate the newb, just give them plenty of learning opportunities. ;)
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

I seem to recall this was related to using the mouse wheel to shoot, where the mouse wheel binding never sends a "key/button up" event, thus the fire action is thought to be held down yet. You could probably duplicate the effect by holding down the normal mouse fire button while grabbing a MG flag.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Frank The Tank
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Frank The Tank »

Does it with keyboard as well, as soon as I pick up the flag, it starts firing. I hit the fire key on my keyboard, it stops immediately.
I have bound two firing keys on my keyboard, and have no firing keys on my mouse or mouse wheel.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Frank The Tank wrote:Does it with keyboard as well, as soon as I pick up the flag, it starts firing. I hit the fire key on my keyboard, it stops immediately.
I have bound two firing keys on my keyboard, and have no firing keys on my mouse or mouse wheel.
In your config file, does both of your keys have both the 'up' and 'down' action bound to the 'fire' command?
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Frank The Tank
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Frank The Tank »

Here is what I have

bind c down fire
bind Space up fire
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

You're sure those are the only two lines that trigger the 'fire' command in your config? I did notice in my config that the up and down sections aren't next to each other for the same key. But, if so, that would be why you have issues. There needs to be an 'up' and 'down' binding for each key/button for the 'fire' command. The key binding menu in the game adds both correctly, but it doesn't seem like the mouse wheel triggers an 'up' event.

Frank The Tank
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Frank The Tank »

You may well be right.
Went through the config line by line found another line for 'Space' so actually I have this.

bind Space down fire
bind c down fire
bind Space up fire

So if I add another line
bind c up fire

Then the problem should be solved, correct?
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Yup, that should fix it for you.

Frank The Tank
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Frank The Tank »

It has thanks blast