downloading texture problem

Help with Setup, Hardware, Performance or other Issues...Or just pimp your rig.
The Purple Panzer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

downloading texture problem

Post by The Purple Panzer »

A very annoying problem has started recently. (I've been working on a new map design now, meaning I run bzfs locally and the client many many times to look at things - no problem there, but this may be a cause). When I go to my quickshot server, I don't see all of the textures - of particular annoyance is that the tree textures (largely transparent) are replaced with white rectangles.

I did the cache clearing, numerous times. Then I deleted the entire cache directory (this is under Windows 8.1, so that's in something like c:/users/bryan/appdata/local/bzflag). No luck. Did that again, after uninstalling BZflag and reinstalling it.

When I connect to the server I see "downloading texture (1 of 46)", run from 1 to something like 16; then it stops. No errors for other textures; it just seems that they aren't loaded. I set the available cache space to something huge, no effect. It is almost as if the client *thinks* it has a number of the images cached, but they're actually not present locally. Where it might be saving this list I don't know.

This is possibly a bug somewhere, but it could be that I created the problem via my map development cycle (at least at one point I think the client crashed - maybe that left something in some odd state, but I have no idea what that might be).

Any help would be most appreciated.
Bullet Catcher
Captain
Captain

Re: downloading texture problem

Post by Bullet Catcher »

I don't see any debug logging that is already in the texture download code, so using a debugger to follow the client would provide more information. You could also try different subsets to see if the problem is just with a specific texture.