BZFlag application support

Help with Setup, Hardware, Performance or other Issues...Or just pimp your rig.
lep
Private First Class
Private First Class

BZFlag application support

Post by lep »

I'm on a mac, and am missing the BZFlag folder in /Application Support that has my config and maps, etc. Any idea as to why its gone? Seems as though its been moved or misplaced but searching for it on my mac proves useless.

Thanks
macsforme
General
General

Re: BZFlag application support

Post by macsforme »

Gone, as in it disappeared for no reason?
lep
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by lep »

Constitution wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:16 pm Gone, as in it disappeared for no reason?
yeah i definitely didn't delete it because i had a bunch of maps in the worlds folder, and i can't seem to find it via searching

also checked my trash bin and searched "BZFlag" and the only thing that came up were the apps for two older versions and their respective .zip files
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Make sure you're looking at the "Application Support" directory in your home directory, not the one at the root of the drive.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

indy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by indy »

On my mac (and I think by OS X default) it is 'hidden'. It is in the Application Support but you can't see it until you unhide it.

Forums on that: http://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac-so ... c-3520878/

Or you can use a text edit like Text Wrangler: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/textwra ... 0395?mt=12
Then type in the folder/file to edit the file..

I created an alias, which is visible, to it for me to locate more quickly.

Hope that helps.

-Indy
lep
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by lep »

From Finder, I hit CMD+Shift+G and typed in "~/Library" and the Application Support folder had BZFlag in hit, so Indy you're right, it must have been hidden. Never knew that was a possibility, so I appreciate the help.

lep

EDIT: also ran in the terminal the command suggested on that webpage, permanently showing all hidden folders/files. I'm sure that's whats made it visible now.