MoFo server thinks I'm using a VPN

Help with Setup, Hardware, Performance or other Issues...Or just pimp your rig.
XndrK
Private First Class
Private First Class

MoFo server thinks I'm using a VPN

Post by XndrK »

The Apocalypse Ate-Teen server keeps kicking me, thinking I'm using a VPN even though I'm not and can't think of any software that would allow anyone else to use my IP address as one. This is, needless to say, mildly frustrating. (This may be related: my login keeps getting rejected as a "bad token".)

I'm using the Fedora repository version of BZFlag 2.4.14 on Fedora 28.

Thanks.
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: MoFo server thinks I'm using a VPN

Post by Zehra »

Does this only happen when you try to join MoFo?
Have you checked to make sure your callsign and password are up to date?(Maybe you changed your password?)
Did this start when you got rejected as 'bad token'? (If it did, it might be nothing more than an authentication issue.)
Did you get a specific message which says you are getting kicked for using a VPN?

-Zehra
Those who are critical of me, I'll likely be the same of them. ~Zehra
The decisions we make are the ones we look forward too and the ones we regret. ~Zehra
There's a difference between knowing my name and knowing me, one shows respect to my name and the other is to who I am. ~Zehra

See where I've last been active at Strayers.
Visit BZList.net for a modern HTML5 server stats site.

Click here to view the 101 Leaderboard & Score Summaries Last updated 2021-01-12 (YYYY-MM-DD)
Latest 101 thread
Bullet Catcher
Captain
Captain

Post by Bullet Catcher »

XndrK, your computer (or the NAT box it is behind) may have multiple IP addresses and due to Internet routing differences it may use one IP address when contacting the BZFlag list server and another IP address when connecting to MoFo. If so, there isn't anything you can do to fix it other than to play from somewhere else where you have only one IP address. A server plugin exists to help specific players with this problem, but I don't know if MoFo would use that.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Looking at the list server logs, the couple times I saw you have issues this month was when your client didn't send a token at all, meaning you weren't getting authenticated correctly (or at all).
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)