New Windows Laptop

Help with Setup, Hardware, Performance or other Issues...Or just pimp your rig.
hard tank
Private First Class
Private First Class

New Windows Laptop

Post by hard tank »

Hi
I've recently bought a new laptop and its got a nvidia gtx 1050 graphics card in it. I assume the mobile version although I'm not too well versed in laptop spec. I'm running windows 10.

I've installed both bzflag 2.4.12 and 2.4.14 (at different times) and both give me the same issue. They install fine, but when I open the game I just get a full black screen. If I press enter/arrow keys I can hear the menu navigation sounds, so I can only guess it's a graphics issue?
blast
General
General

Re: New Windows Laptop

Post by blast »

Have you verified that you have the latest graphics drivers? If it's hybrid graphics, you might also have control over which GPU specific software runs on.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

hard tank
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by hard tank »

No, I have no idea about any of that. Where would I need to go in settings?

Would it come with both dedicated and integrated graphics then? Or am I misunderstanding. I'd have thought by default everything would run off the graphics card
hard tank
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by hard tank »

Edit/Addition - I can run bzflag in 800x600 as I've just tried it. The same issue happens when I press f1 and it goes into fullscreen though, with just a black screen showing.
macsforme
General
General

Post by macsforme »

In the application properties, try disabling fullscreen optimizations, or manually selecting various HiDPI settings, and see if any of those make a difference.