Servers?

Help with Setup, Hardware, Performance or other Issues...Or just pimp your rig.
Silencer805
Private
Private

Servers?

Post by Silencer805 »

I'm unable to join any servers, or rather find. Nothing turns up in the "Find server", and I get a message in my chatbox saying "Can't talk with list server"
I'm using windows 10, just installed the game so probably not an issue that can be solved by reinstalling.
allejo
Breaker of Builds
Breaker of Builds

Re: Servers?

Post by allejo »

Do you have any parental control apps on your computer or do you have Windows firewall turned on? Sounds like something is blocking BZFlag from connecting to the internet
Silencer805
Private
Private

Post by Silencer805 »

allejo wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:45 am Do you have any parental control apps on your computer or do you have Windows firewall turned on? Sounds like something is blocking BZFlag from connecting to the internet
I allowed BZFlag to bypass firewall and issue still persists. I can't join a server I started too. Localhost doesn't work either
Silencer805
Private
Private

Post by Silencer805 »

I will try restarting my computer cause this issue seems to be affecting other games as well
Silencer805
Private
Private

Post by Silencer805 »

Did that, plus turned off firewall. Didn't work. Still can't connect to localhost or find any servers
Edit:Issue seems to be with my wifi connection. My ping is about 70 which isn't the issue. I am able to load youtube videos. However I cannot update games on steam or launch some games. Not sure if this is related to why BZFlag isn't working for me. Anyone know any solutions?
Edit 2:Just restarted my computer and my router at the same time, that solved it, sorry for the trouble guys! Thanks for the help :)
allejo
Breaker of Builds
Breaker of Builds

Post by allejo »

Glad you got it resolved :D