Windows 7 BZFlag support

Help with Setup, Hardware, Performance or other Issues...Or just pimp your rig.
Super Android 13
Private First Class
Private First Class

Windows 7 BZFlag support

Post by Super Android 13 »

Hi Guys! It's been a long time since I last played, but I am happy to be back.

However, I'm not here to just chat about my return. I'm bringing back up a similar issue from a while back...

So over a year ago I asked the question about Windows XP support and if I could still play from that. Although I have moved away from the XP operating system, I now ask when Windows 7 issues will be addressed. Microsoft is of course ending extended support soon, and I understand that more people will be moving to the newer systems eventually. So this comes down again to the real question.

Are Windows XP's changes going to also be implemented for Windows 7? If so, then knowing the date would be very helpful. Moderators, I understand that you might not have an exact timestamp of when this will occur, but a general prediction would be helpful for right now. Once again, I am happy to be back, and I wish for an estimate of when I can expect these changes.

Peace Out,
Buzzy_Beetle
I play lots of games, though this older game is still one of my favorites. Whenever I am not busy with work, you may find me occasionally on the Apocalypse, Urban Jungle, or Quickshot servers.

Formerly Buzzy_Beetle, MORTIS, Android 16

blast
General
General

Re: Windows 7 BZFlag support

Post by blast »

Windows XP was dropped because it did not support modern SSL/TLS ciphers (at least, without resorting to using OpenSSL). Windows Vista and up support the ciphers that we are using. I don't have any plans to desupport Windows 7, and the game likely still works in Vista as well.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)