Need quick help

Help with Setup, Hardware, Performance or other Issues...Or just pimp your rig.
The Purple Panzer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Need quick help

Post by The Purple Panzer »

I'm working on a new map for the first time in a while. When I jump into observer mode, this newer version of BZ (2.4.18 right now) no longer shows my tank coordinates in the upper-right-hand corner - a very very useful thing when iteratively working on a map. I vaguely recall that this was a setting in a config file somewhere, but I can't find it (looked so far in the BZFlag 2.4.18 directory - I'm on a Windows machine, maybe it's in some default user directory, will check). If anyone knows, I'd love an answer, it'd help a lot.
The Purple Panzer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Re: Need quick help

Post by The Purple Panzer »

I found it; the config.cfg file, in a c:\users\... obscure directory. The wiki page at https://wiki.bzflag.org/Config_File was a fine help; took me a while to figure out which setting to change, just hard on eyeballs (this not a complaint; I just have older eyeballs).

I *would* be interested if anyone has any recommended other setting changes, that improve aspects of the UI. There are a *lot* of settings there, and things like "#set userMirror 1" (a commented out setting) is the sort of thing that's completely mysterious.
blast
General
General

Re: Need quick help

Post by blast »

If you update to 2.4.20, you'll have an option in the GUI Settings menu to show coordinates. And there really isn't many/any options in the config that aren't in the menus now. The options in the config are commented out when they are set to the default value.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)