Help! Global login fails, cannot play

Help with Setup, Hardware, Performance or other Issues...Or just pimp your rig.
CNT-FAI
Private
Private

Help! Global login fails, cannot play

Post by CNT-FAI »

Thanks for opening this. I haven't been able to play BZFlag for a few days because my login fails even though nothing has actually changed on my account and I have no problems logging in here or the leagues united forum. Help! I love unwinding with BZFlag and miss it
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Help! Global login fails, cannot play

Post by Zehra »

If this occurs, check if the password within the config has changed.
It has happened where by mistake a one selects the field and a character is added or removed, thus causing authentication to fail.

Also, if you are using mobile internet, such as from a hotspot, it can cause authentication to fail.

-Zehra
Those who are critical of me, I'll likely be the same of them. ~Zehra
The decisions we make are the ones we look forward too and the ones we regret. ~Zehra
There's a difference between knowing my name and knowing me, one shows respect to my name and the other is to who I am. ~Zehra

See where I've last been active at Strayers.
Visit BZList.net for a modern HTML5 server stats site.

Click here to view the 101 Leaderboard & Score Summaries Last updated 2021-01-12 (YYYY-MM-DD)
Latest 101 thread
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

From looking at the BZFlag server logs, it does appear that it might just be a wrong password.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

CNT-FAI
Private
Private

Post by CNT-FAI »

Zehra wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:37 pm If this occurs, check if the password within the config has changed.
It has happened where by mistake a one selects the field and a character is added or removed, thus causing authentication to fail.

Also, if you are using mobile internet, such as from a hotspot, it can cause authentication to fail.

-Zehra
Thank you for this. I am using a hotspot at the hotel where I live... by config do you mean a particular file in the directory, or opening the app, changing my password then saving it? I'm using 2.4.20 on Windows. I just browsed the file location of the app and couldn't figure out if any of the files in there were acting as a general config for login.
blast wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:41 pm From looking at the BZFlag server logs, it does appear that it might just be a wrong password.
Thanks for checking. It has been frustrating because I keep reentering it and it doesn't work. Is there a local file that remembers/forces a given password?
CNT-FAI
Private
Private

Post by CNT-FAI »

Update: I was able to fix it by deleting the PW entirely and re-entering it then joining a server. Thanks for your help on a slightly embarrassing question in hindsight :D
2b-or-not-2b
Private
Private

Post by 2b-or-not-2b »

CNT-FAI wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:49 am Update: I was able to fix it by deleting the PW entirely and re-entering it then joining a server. Thanks for your help on a slightly embarrassing question in hindsight :D
I can confirm that this works well for me. All I did was cleared the pw input field and start over.