Flags

Help with Setup, Hardware, Performance or other Issues...Or just pimp your rig.
Scorch
Private First Class
Private First Class

Flags

Post by Scorch »

I don't get how to specify flags. i mean i do but i doesn't work!
so can someone give me a sample conf and tell me what it did on a server plz ill do it from there.
brad2901
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by brad2901 »

I thought that you couldnt make a server because your firewall was blocking the port or something like that?
stinkbomb
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by stinkbomb »

Scorch,

I noticed that sometimes the placement of the options in the .conf file matters (it actually happened to me with bad flag hold time) ....you should try that because i said so ....do it :)

lata
learner
General
General

Re: Flags

Post by learner »

There is a sample bzfs.conf file in the misc/ directory of the source distribution of the game. There's also an web page in there that visually shows you all of the options and lets you specify what you want named bzfs_conf.html in that same directory. You can get the source distribution from the files download section of the bzflag sourceforge project site. There's also a bzfsgui project on Sourceforge that is maintained separately that makes it (too) easy. There is also, of course, the venerable bzfs manual page that explains the options and gives examples. That's also in the source distribution but in the man/ dir -- depending on your system, it gets installed in various forms (for win folk, it's an html page).

Cheers!
Scorch
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Scorch »

umm hey learner can you talk stupid please. and i'm using a mac. and yes brad firewall is a different story.
brad2901
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by brad2901 »

whats the point in specifying flags - its fine as it is :)
learner
General
General

Post by learner »

*sigh*

No offense intended, but if you can't make sense out of one of the four venues of already existing information that I just listed, it would be my strong opinion that you probably should really reconsider trying to run a server. There's quite a bit of existing information all over the place -- if you would have even google'd for any of the keywords I wrote you would have found it.

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/b ... v=1.39.2.1

umm hey Scorch can you not act stupid please. and I'm using a mac too. learn how to learn please?
Aribeth
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Aribeth »

Scorch, check out my web site. I have howto's for Mac there. It's at bzflag.sleepycows.org.
Scorch
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Scorch »

actually learner i didn't bother reading it; too long ;) .
now i read it and i got about 1/3 of it. but i've come to the conclusion that i dunno where mixc/ is, and i use a mac so i doubt it exists for me.
Scorch
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Scorch »

umm hey learner i know that creator thing you linked to but it gosh darn don work. i think i mighy screwed up with the "mandatory" and stuff like that; say you specify 1 sw do you also gotta put in 1 good flag, if your using 1 flag wich you wanna be sw?