Can't resolve server list or browse forums from home

Help with Setup, Hardware, Performance or other Issues...Or just pimp your rig.
I_Died_Once
Special Forces
Special Forces

Can't resolve server list or browse forums from home

Post by I_Died_Once »

I could be wrong about this - but I think my IP from home may be banned from the server list/these forums. Thing is, I don't know why, or what I have done.

When trying to browse the server list from home, the operation times out, and I cannot access these forums either. Gives me the "Forbidden" error. I read somewhere on here that the server list, these forums, and secretplace are all hosted together in some form or something to that effect.

I haven't been acting the fool on here... Even if - I post here from work without issue. Doing so now. I primarily play on my own server, so I doubt I hurt anyone's feelings there... WTF?

Hoping someone could shed some insight as to who did what and why...

Thanks

I'm gonna send this to a moderator as well with my actual IP addy so I can clear this up.
...This has been a recording.
I_Died_Once
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by I_Died_Once »

Aauuuggh!

I'm supposed to try to get this resolved by the time I get home so I can play! Someone, anyone - please! Forward me, or this message to whoever I need to talk to! I swear I ain't done anything wrong!!!
learner
General
General

reason for the ban

Post by learner »

You were banned due to what was determined to be list server abuse. A server that listed you as the operator was running with an profane public list server message. You were approached several times on your server by myself and others in attempts to contact you to resolve the matter. Your failure to respond or otherwise change the public server message resulted in the ban.

Your internal server policies and position on profanity are generally not the least bit of a concern until they are imposed on other players or otherwise affect the BZFlag network. This includes a restriction on the content of public list server server messages. If you are willing to comply with this requirement and modify or remove your server's message, the ban will be removed.
I_Died_Once
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by I_Died_Once »

I sent you a PM, learner.

I said this in the PM - I wanna say it here for anyone to see. If people are not supposed to list their server as anything vulgar, it should be noted. All I saw re: the public list server when setting up my server was "Keep it short" Of course, people like me will always try to push the limits, but I wouldn't have listed my server like so had I known it would have been an issue.

In case anyone is wondering (or saw me listed !!! ) I am the server owner/operator/administrator of

Planet Mother****er. I'll probably change it to "Planet Mofo" if that doesn't hurt anyone's feelings.

Also, I would suggest the developers adding a legal disclaimer when browsing the server list. "BZ Flag, nor Tim Riker is responsible for the contents of the servers listed. Enter at your own risk"

Just thoughts and suggestions.

You guys rule.
learner
General
General

Post by learner »

Sounds like it was quite a misunderstanding. The ban has been removed already. Helps to not leave an identified autopilot player designated as an administrator running on a busy server.. Roger must be getting pretty good.. :) We'll look into making the documentation more clear on what's not allowed.
I_Died_Once
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by I_Died_Once »

How busy was it?

I turned it on and played a bit but had to go to work. When I got home, my bot was the only one on and it had a score of -500. I must've had some serious traffic in nine hours.

Now I'm on the master ban list...

Grrr!!!