2.0.1 stopped working

Help with Setup, Hardware, Performance or other Issues...Or just pimp your rig.
Memnarch
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

2.0.1 stopped working

Post by Memnarch »

Ok, this is the version I got drom cvs. It has been wrking everyday until today. I tried to run it, and I got a black screen with only the tabs visibl at the bottom. Here is the error it gave me when I ran it in a terminal: No preset button to enter the game. Segmentation fault. I'll have to get a screenshot with my camera, the computer won't do it, but its to dark now. Any help? I can still play 1.10, but most people are updating, and I don't ant to be left behind... :cry:
RPG
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by RPG »

Don't use CVS or 1.10.x, use 2.0.0!
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

umm RPG.. if you don't know what your talking about please don't post on the subject.

CVS IS 2.0.x, it is 2.0.0 with some bug fixes. He is reporting problems with what will become 2.0.2 This is a very good thing.

Memnarch
a couple things to try, update the code, fixes are allways being put in. Remove your config, maybe you got something inbetween an update, or got some bad data in there.
ImageJeffM
DTRemenak
General
General

Post by DTRemenak »

CVS has a number of bugfixes over 2.0.0. If someone wants to use it that's their choice...they're balancing the known fixes over possible unknown (new) bugs. Memnarch, run it in gdb and see if you can get a backtrace for us...I haven't seen that problem before.
Memnarch
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by Memnarch »

:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: Of course! The config file! I should have done that to begin with! Ok, so here is the deal: Updating it was the first thing i did after it crapped. Then I posted. I am sure I had this problem before, I am positive. Ok, so I deleted the config file, and when I tried to start bzflag it gave me this: Error: no fonts found. Ok, so I had to use the -directory option to point it to a data directory in the cvs folder, and then it worked. Thought you ought to know. Sorry, DTR, forgot to run it in gdb.... :(
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

yeah reset your data dir in the config, it sounds like you were using something other then the default.
ImageJeffM