Newbie question about bzadmin

Help with Setup, Hardware, Performance or other Issues...Or just pimp your rig.
Deadalot
Private First Class
Private First Class

Newbie question about bzadmin

Post by Deadalot »

When I start bzadmin, it always starts in observer mode. How do I get it to start with me as the admin?
BIYA
Corporal
Corporal

Post by BIYA »

I dont know anything about bzadmin I had no need to use it but from what I think and from what I have learned is that you cant play while in bzadmin and you dont have to be in bzadmin to have admin privilages. You just need to put this in the command line that you use

Code: Select all

-password YOURSUPERSECRETPASSWORD
and when you get on to your server (not in bzadmin but in as a regular player) you type in

Code: Select all

/password YOURSUPERSECRETPASSWORD
Memnarch
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by Memnarch »

bzadmin doesn't have much to do with actually being an admin. It just connects you to a server as an observer to see the text of whats happening.
RPG
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by RPG »

Yes, bzadmin is just a program that allows you to chat in game without playing. Anyone can use it to connect to any server. It's like the chat function ripped out of BZFlag and set alone by itself. To become the server admin, you either have to be set in an admin group (the complex way) or do what BIYA said and type /password YOURSUPERSECRETPASSWORD (the easy way).

Note: YOURSUPERSECRETPASSWORD should be set in your config file (or in the command line) as this: -password YOURSUPERSECRETPASSWORD
Deadalot
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Deadalot »

RPG wrote:Yes, bzadmin is just a program that allows you to chat in game without playing. Anyone can use it to connect to any server. It's like the chat function ripped out of BZFlag and set alone by itself. To become the server admin, you either have to be set in an admin group (the complex way) or do what BIYA said and type /password YOURSUPERSECRETPASSWORD (the easy way).

Note: YOURSUPERSECRETPASSWORD should be set in your config file (or in the command line) as this: -password YOURSUPERSECRETPASSWORD
Got it. Thanks! :lol-old: :lol-old: :lol-old: