Sound problem

Help with Setup, Hardware, Performance or other Issues...Or just pimp your rig.
huw
Private First Class
Private First Class

Sound problem

Post by huw »

I dont know if this is a hardware problem or a beta bug. I am getting no sounds on bzflag. In the audio settings it says Sound Volume: Unavalible :(
RPG
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by RPG »

In the audio settings of BZFlag or of you operating system?

If it's the sound volume in your operating system's sound manager, then its your sound card.
huw
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by huw »

I thought it was a bzflag hardware issue as I could listen to other sounds.

It turns out it is a weird windows sound bug that im now fixing
nemesis
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by nemesis »

on a similar note on bz 2.0.2 in FC3 with an m audio audiophile 2496 sound card:

half the time there is 'no available audio device' and half the time I get about 4-10 seconds latency and the sound at half the speed (and crappy quality). If I unmute "multitrack rate locking' in the gnome volume control, i get chipmunk mode. crappy quality, super fast, high pitch.

sound is fine in xmms, mplayer, audacity, etc.

maybe I don't know how to use the card, but anyway, I'd appreciate some help. half of the fun is the sound.
H0ley
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by H0ley »

I'm having issues with my sound as well. Well as ya'll know already, this game will hog 100% of your CPU unless you throttle down your processor or something. Well when I'm playing BZ I like to play some music with the winamp. Whenever there's an explosion in front of me or someone uses SW (anything really that makes your FPS slower), the sound from my winamp gets jerky, like it skips. I mean my laptop is slower and weaker graphic card but winamp never skips a beat. I dont have the best desktop but I ran winamp fine with my 486DX2, doesnt require that much CPU usage. Any clues...?

Desktop, P4 (2.0ghz, 512, 32video (older geforce2), windows xp (having issues with my graphics card in linux)
Laptop, Centrino (1.5, 512, 32video (eck intel "extreme" card), windows xp / Suse linux 9.3)

Both 100% virus/spyware free, it's gotta be some hardware setting from what I can tell.
/loves meteorite's mom
nemesis
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by nemesis »

Desktop, P4 (2.0ghz, 512, 32video (older geforce2), windows xp (having issues with my graphics card in linux)
Laptop, Centrino (1.5, 512, 32video (eck intel "extreme" card), windows xp / Suse linux 9.3)
on the desktop, get the proprietary nvidia driver. the supplied nv driver rots. pm me for more so we don't go OT.
--nemesis
aka badboi

[root@localhost ~]# rm -r -f /