Insta Crash

Help with Setup, Hardware, Performance or other Issues...Or just pimp your rig.
thurmagon
Private
Private

Insta Crash

Post by thurmagon »

Hi all. Been playing BZF on and off for a bit now. Last time I played, I was at version 1.10, I think. I just got a new Mac, a Mini 1.25 Ghz, 1G RAM. No matter what version of BZF I install, it loads, I see the screen for a split second, and then it dumps me to desktop. Any ideas? BTW, Im on X 10.4.3. Thank in advance.
temporal distraction
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by temporal distraction »

I assume you are trying to play V2.0.4 now correct?

After playing V1.10 the server list cache sometimes gets screwy.
You can fix it by deleting this folder ~/Library/Application Support/BZFlag
The game will build a new one. If you switch between versions, you may have to delete that folder often.
thurmagon
Private
Private

Kinda...

Post by thurmagon »

a temporal distraction wrote:I assume you are trying to play V2.0.4 now correct?

The game will build a new one. If you switch between versions, you may have to delete that folder often.
It made it the first time, and I had already deleted it. Now, it doesnt make the folder at all. Just goes to the main menu screen for a split second, then fades back to the desktop, closes, then nothing. No BZFlag folder. Anywhere. Any ideas?
Matt?
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Kinda...

Post by Matt? »

thurmagon wrote:
a temporal distraction wrote:I assume you are trying to play V2.0.4 now correct?

It made it the first time, and I had already deleted it. Now, it doesnt make the folder at all. Just goes to the main menu screen for a split second, then fades back to the desktop, closes, then nothing. No BZFlag folder. Anywhere. Any ideas?
i am not on an apple but when i try to play in full screen mode it iwll go to the bzflag menue and will start connecting to a server but as soon as i get into the server it quit's. when i used windowed version it work's fine. hope this help's