How!! How!!!

Help with Setup, Hardware, Performance or other Issues...Or just pimp your rig.
dead metal 3121
Private First Class
Private First Class

How!! How!!!

Post by dead metal 3121 »

This might be a hack attempt X5. Somebody like A computer Genius. I was looking at a few servers like a few other people. Right? Well i just happened to come across a sever that didnt say anything on it. No network address, no J F R symbols no nothing. I thought i would look at it when i realized was wrong. First of all,my firewall didnt popup so I could grant permission to join. Then there were a few people with no names on the server. Then to top it all off, my computer suddenly crashed and when I booted back up, ALL MY BZFLAG THINGS WERE GONE. EVERYTHING. Even a map i was about to put in the forums. it aint there anymore, so i cant tell any more about it. It happened about 2:00 this afternoon. All my hard work ruined. :cry: :cry: :cry: [/code]
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

it sounds like your system has problems on an OS level. that would not be a "hack attempt" just your computer screwing up.
ImageJeffM
tw1sted
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: How!! How!!!

Post by tw1sted »

dead metal 3121 wrote:This might be a hack attempt X5. Somebody like A computer Genius. I was looking at a few servers like a few other people. Right? Well i just happened to come across a sever that didnt say anything on it. No network address, no J F R symbols no nothing. I thought i would look at it when i realized was wrong. First of all,my firewall didnt popup so I could grant permission to join. Then there were a few people with no names on the server. Then to top it all off, my computer suddenly crashed and when I booted back up, ALL MY BZFLAG THINGS WERE GONE. EVERYTHING. Even a map i was about to put in the forums. it aint there anymore, so i cant tell any more about it. It happened about 2:00 this afternoon. All my hard work ruined. :cry: :cry: :cry:
its probably a virus or a problem with bzflag. dont know how it happened
dead metal 3121
Private First Class
Private First Class

Oh come on!!!

My computer is not screwing up. It hasnt done this ever since i got it.
tw1sted
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by tw1sted »

yea, but neither has mine, but when i run a certain aplication, it releases a virus that affects all files on it. thats probably the case. also try the a beta version. it will take a good 20 minutes to download. it might help with the problem. get it :arrow: here
Teppic
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Oh come on!!!

Post by Teppic »

dead metal 3121 wrote:My computer is not screwing up. It hasnt done this ever since i got it.
I asked a woman in a house I may have bought if the wiring was any good, she said she'd never had any trouble with it. Nice reply, but you don't have trouble with electrical wiring, until you come home to a damp smoldering shell of what used to be your house.

Now apply this anicdote to your current situation.
Winny
Grouchy
Grouchy

Re: Oh come on!!!

Post by Winny »

Teppic wrote:
dead metal 3121 wrote:My computer is not screwing up. It hasnt done this ever since i got it.
I asked a woman in a house I may have bought if the wiring was any good, she said she'd never had any trouble with it. Nice reply, but you don't have trouble with electrical wiring, until you come home to a damp smoldering shell of what used to be your house.

Now apply this anicdote to your current situation.
lol i was thinking that same thing :P

also like saying:

"well, I when I got the computer it worked..soo it should be stiil working today!"
Scorch
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Scorch »

"virus" PC huh? btw, u what do u mean, no symbols and null players you can see, you can't see nothing.
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

I would concur with Jeff... and you ARE using dial-up so it could all be a timing issue with what you are saying about no names (??????).
If it had been a hack attempt they wouldn't have just deleted your BZ stuff... if someone else deleted stuff they would have been indescriminate and just deleted everything on your PC...
JPT
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by JPT »

Maybe, there was somebody trying a modded server...(with an exploit ?)
dead metal 3121
Private First Class
Private First Class

20 minutes my foot.

since i use dialup, that wont take 20 minutes.
dead metal 3121
Private First Class
Private First Class

Scorch:
You know when there is the lists of servers? And it has a description of what each one is like? well this server had no description, no network address, e.g. bzflag.norang.ca, and no thing that shows how many of each team there can be.
mistake
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by mistake »

I have an Idea...don't go there.
mistake