admin and \comands

Help with Setup, Hardware, Performance or other Issues...Or just pimp your rig.
Bot1
Private First Class
Private First Class

admin and \comands

Post by Bot1 »

if i created a server and lets say admin password is "hi" how do i enable myself to use the /kick command etc (i dont have and admin for my server
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

when in game, type /password hi in your chat and send it
ImageJeffM
Legolas_
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Legolas_ »

Ok. Do what Jeff said for admin. Then you can do a "/" command 'all of them' You can also type

Code: Select all

/?
for a list of "/" commands.

/set
will give you all of the /set commands such as:

/set _mirror red.  
strayer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by strayer »

Unfortunately, '/?' doesn't show all available commands...only the server-side commands will be displayed.
Even the list on http://bzflag.org/wiki/KeysAndCommands isn't complete.

Have a look at http://strayer.de/?site=bzflag&site1=bz_commandlist. A script automatically downloads the currently implemented commands from the source code files of the BZFlag client. Actually, the WebCVS files on sf.net are not that up-to-date (no update during the last month), but they'll be refreshed in the next 2 weeks, as far as I know.
A pessimist is an optimist with experience... ;o)
learner
General
General

Post by learner »

strayer, that's pretty nifty. I'm curious how you actually go about processing the files to extract the command list and associated descriptions. Are you pulling that from the doxygen comments? Either way.. nifty. ;)
strayer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by strayer »

Thanks... :o)

No...all I use are the *.cxx files from sf.net's WebCVS only. Where else can I find real up-to-date information? ;o)
Wasn't that easy, but one day I found the three files that contain nearly all allowed commands (server-side, client-side and ban commands). Fortunaltely, there is a common layout/pattern for them...so it wasn't that difficult to fish out the info I wanted.
All I had to add were the descriptions for the client-side commands and the server-side '/me' command and descriptions for '/date' & '/time'. The extracted information are stored in an XML file where my website gets this content from.

btw...'BZ key mapping', 'BZ server -options-', 'BZ flaglist', 'BZ history', 'BZ developer' and 'BZ changelog' work in (nearly) the same way.
A pessimist is an optimist with experience... ;o)