process runs but nothing comes up

Help with Setup, Hardware, Performance or other Issues...Or just pimp your rig.
luigioco
Private
Private

process runs but nothing comes up

Post by luigioco »

i click the icon on my desktop to play bzflag. It gives me the "loading mouse" for a bit and then nothing happens. I press control alt delete and it says that bzflag, is indeed, running (at least the process). There is no application for bzflag though. It worked fine yesterday, and i just turned on my computer for the first time today and now it wont work. :cry: Any idea what is going on?
CannonBallGuy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CannonBallGuy »

What is your operating system? Is it safe to assume windows due to the ctrl-alt-del thing?

Merry Christmas!

"Look, if I don't buy booze for the kids, I don't get any incriminating pictures to show to their parents, my business goes down the sink, my girlfriend leaves me and the baby goes on ebay. So help me search..."

"go Play With Toys urself in a dark alley u donkey ******" - Lt-Kirby2007
Spazzy McGee
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Spazzy McGee »

have you tried turning it off and on again? else, try deleting your config file. or re-installing bzflag completely.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon
JPT
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by JPT »

Other Idea:

Check, if you're running a secound graphic output without a screen on it.
Maybe, it's there.

Try Alt + Tab to check.
tw1sted
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: process runs but nothing comes up

Post by tw1sted »

luigioco wrote:It gives me the "loading mouse" for a bit and then nothing happens.
CannonBallGuy wrote:What is your operating system? Is it safe to assume windows due to the ctrl-alt-del thing?
umm i think his OS would be mac, because windows doesnt have the colored wheel thing
CannonBallGuy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CannonBallGuy »

Mac OS does not a control-alt-delete command and I'd be surprised if Windows sucked so much it had NO kind of loading cursor what-so-ever...

Merry Christmas!

"Look, if I don't buy booze for the kids, I don't get any incriminating pictures to show to their parents, my business goes down the sink, my girlfriend leaves me and the baby goes on ebay. So help me search..."

tw1sted
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by tw1sted »

CannonBallGuy wrote:Mac OS does not a control-alt-delete command and I'd be surprised if Windows sucked so much it had NO kind of loading cursor what-so-ever...
well on mac, theres the "option-apple-esc" which is like the "ctrl-alt-delete" on windows. he would just be refering to that, but doesnt feel like wriiting "option-apple-escape"
Goodbye2U
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Goodbye2U »

CannonBallGuy wrote:Mac OS does not a control-alt-delete command and I'd be surprised if Windows sucked so much it had NO kind of loading cursor what-so-ever...
For your information, the loading cursor for windows is a hourglass, emptying
from one half to the other, then flipping itself around.
I'm thinking I need a better sig than this...
CannonBallGuy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CannonBallGuy »

Don't tell me - tell the guy who said windows had no such thing.

Merry Christmas!

tw1sted
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by tw1sted »

CannonBallGuy wrote:Don't tell me - tell the guy who said windows had no such thing.
i never said it Windows didnt have one, butr from his description of sounded like the Mac one...

back on topic here :wink:
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

Off topic:
A Heart Attack wrote:well on mac, theres the "option-apple-esc" which is like the "ctrl-alt-delete" on windows. he would just be refering to that, but doesnt feel like wriiting "option-apple-escape"
:? Oooooooooooooh.. yeah.... I see why he wouldn't want to type "option-apple-esc".. it saves a whole character. No wonder you are a Warrant Officer in less than 3 months. Tons of worthless posts. I am sure some have been helpfull, but no where in the post was there anything about a "color wheel", it was a "loading mouse". Where color came from, that i have no idea. You made a lot of assumtions instead of reading whet was written.:?

On topic:

luigioco Are you still having problems? Please let us know what you have tried and if the problem is resolved or not.
Last edited by joevano on Fri May 12, 2006 8:39 pm, edited 5 times in total.