graphics and sound issues

Help with Setup, Hardware, Performance or other Issues...Or just pimp your rig.
a dead man
Private First Class
Private First Class

graphics and sound issues

Post by a dead man »

ok, see if I can describe in as few words as possible

running suse 10.1, bzflag 2.0.8
compiling from source, everything goes as it should until i start up the game. Graphic wise it's great, no issue there, BUT, sound is terrible, hard to describe, the sounds are there but distorted and dull, (i think dull is one way of describing it, perhaps deadened, but not quite) for instance, instead of an explosion as booom, its bum, but all the sound elements are there, but killed quickly.

sooo, I tried the 2.0.8 obelisk package, wonderful sound, as it should be, however, graphic wise, i get rolling lines/flicker, like my refresh rate is all screwed up and changes mid-draw, oh, same graphics prob with 2.0.4 that came with suse 10.1

clues anybody?
SuSELinuxlord
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SuSELinuxlord »

what is you system hardware? Maybe you can try what im about to do as a rash measure. You could try using a diffenerent distro. I am going to get fedora 5 because i think suse has to many problems like that.
Waistless
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Waistless »

I had these same problems before when I updated my sound drivers with the dreaded windows update, and never realised it. What you should do is either get the latest drivers for your sound card from the manufactuerers website, or roll back to the earliest sound drivers you have.
Could this tank perhaps go a little bit faster, so it's not being overtaken by stationary objects.
"Words in parentheses can (not) be ignored." -Unknown