9% Lost/ooo???

Help with Setup, Hardware, Performance or other Issues...Or just pimp your rig.
UniTeD_RecOn
Private
Private

9% Lost/ooo???

Post by UniTeD_RecOn »

Why does this always show up beside my lagg and jitter stats???
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

it means you have 9% packet loss. or 9 out of every 100 packets sent to you do not make it to you.

Generaly that is not good.
ImageJeffM
UniTeD_RecOn
Private
Private

Post by UniTeD_RecOn »

So wat do i do to fix it?
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

it would be a problem with your internet connection. Best would be to try another server, and see if that helps. If it dosn't you may want to talk to your ISP and find out why they are droping your packets.
ImageJeffM
pyr0
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by pyr0 »

are you using wireless? that tends to do it for a lot of people. also, a traceroute to the server addy would give you a bit of help as well, itll tell you where the packets are dropping at... then you would know if its closer to home or something you cant help.. chances are if its in every server, its closer to home before it hits the out of backbone grouping, the main ones from you until it works to the location of the server.

for example, traceroute to dub.bzflag.org gives me a few base ones ill see everywhere, itll start with my local router, firewall, router and then work out from there into comcasts network. itll hit a few west fl ones, then a main comcast station, then work over to dub through at&t backbones, hit some gblx, so on and so forth... now with openleague.org, ill get the same router, firewall, router, comcast west coast fl ones, then the same main station for comcast, the same route through AT&T to washington dc, then it splits from there and heads down a different grouping of backbones to the openleague server...

chances are good its either local from your connection to a router, or past there through the main set of your isp, if its your isp, you might want to call your isp a few dozen times and complain of lost packets and tell them where you saw them in the traceroute and so on
UniTeD_RecOn
Private
Private

Post by UniTeD_RecOn »

I think my internet went down last night and they are still trying to fix it
tw1sted
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by tw1sted »

that would be the problem then