Painfully slow - two - three second delay when I hit a key

Help with Setup, Hardware, Performance or other Issues...Or just pimp your rig.
Uzzi
Private First Class
Private First Class

Painfully slow - two - three second delay when I hit a key

Post by Uzzi »

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has had this problem, but in Linux for a while I've had an issue where after I install, the graphics look great - but it's super slow. When I hit a key, 2 to 3 seconds later, I get a response. <br>

I have a Gateway laptop with a Turion 64 bit processor, I'm running SLED 10 64 bit version with 1500 Meg of Mem. The graphics card is an ATI Radeon Express 200M. I have the ATI commercial driver installed with 3-D enabled. I read in the FAQ's about turning off shadows and smoothing, but that didn't help. I also disabled 3-D, and that didn't help. I am running 2.0.8 installed from Oblisk (which RULES by the way). It works great in XP on this same laptop (dual boot) but I hate having to boot to Windows just to play bzflag. <br>

I looked around for a simliar post, but no one seems to have the exact same issue I am. Thanks in advance for your help.
US Marines
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by US Marines »

lol i have the exact same post as you go down one.
Uzzi
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Uzzi »

I have the ati drivers installed correctly, that I know. I have had this problem with Xandros, FC5 and others. I have tried to install on Centrino laptops with Intel, Toshiba laptops with Nvidia and it seems to do the same thing. (though the root cause maybe different on those hardware sets) In Windows it runs perfectly but I don't want to have to boot to Windows just to play bz.