"server has unexpectedly disconnected" every 30 se

Help with Setup, Hardware, Performance or other Issues...Or just pimp your rig.
RuSSian_coredUMPED~
Private
Private

"server has unexpectedly disconnected" every 30 se

Post by RuSSian_coredUMPED~ »

Every ~30 secs my game finish with message "server has unexpectedly disconnected". No lags messages, good LAN speed. what is the problem?

Thx

Dmitry.
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by optic delusion »

I was gonna say you lag too much, then looked again at your post, um, i need more info.
"server has unexpectedly disconnected" is the usual client message when the server shuts down.
Take a look at my Defender game mode concept.

Thinking is not an automatic process. A man can choose to think or to let his mind stagnate, or he can choose actively to turn against his intelligence, to evade his knowledge, to subvert his reason. If he refuses to think, he courts disaster: he cannot with impunity reject his means of perceiving reality.
GMMan
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by GMMan »

On every server? Specify, please. I'm thinking that it has something to do with the connection, but I've never received a message so frequent unless you count the time with my DSL line. That connection was awful and I couldn't stay online for a minute. Try seeing if your modem disconnects at any time. I assume you use DSL.
I haven't touched BZFlag for years, but maybe sometime I'll make a comeback.

I'm on Twitter. And I mess with webOS. This signature is not a blog.
kahcepb[RU]
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: "server has unexpectedly disconnected" every 3

Post by kahcepb[RU] »

RuSSian_coredUMPED~ wrote:Every ~30 secs my game finish with message "server has unexpectedly disconnected". No lags messages, good LAN speed. what is the problem?

Thx

Dmitry.
According to <WNC> server logs your client constantly getting GHOST'ed. Please review your networking setup/settings.
Also try to reconnect slightly slower (not in next second after being disconnected)

Cheers.
kah.
RuSSian_coredUMPED~
Private
Private

Optic Delusion wrote:I was gonna say you lag too much, then looked again at your post, um, i need more info.
"server has unexpectedly disconnected" is the usual client message when the server shuts down.
I was gonna say you lag too much, then looked again at your post
When i have lags too mach, i receive a messages from server like this: "your lags is too high (350ms)" and after 3-d message server disconnected. BUT now i nave NOT lag messages, only "server unexpectedly disconnected" msg.
On every server? Specify, please. I'm thinking that it has something to do with the connection, but I've never received a message so frequent unless you count the time with my DSL line. That connection was awful and I couldn't stay online for a minute. Try seeing if your modem disconnects at any time. I assume you use DSL.
Most servers i tryed, for example server 88.151.78.143
I use LAN (no DSL modem).
According to <WNC> server logs your client constantly getting GHOST'ed. Please review your networking setup/settings.
Also try to reconnect slightly slower (not in next second after being disconnected)
А это по логам какого сервера? Я в основном пытаюсь бывать на в.у.
сервере. Но пробовал на многих. Раньше бывали предупреждения о лагах, но теперь нет, только выкидывает меня через какое-то время (сейчас уже удавалось продержаться и минуты 3).
Какие именно установки сети нужно посмотреть?

Дмитрий / Dmitry (Moscow)
hookah
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by hookah »

RuSSian_coredUMPED~
Dima computer model?! Say yours computer model. Then wich Bzflag version you use. And say to me if you use Router (modem) Wireless or with Wire and then if you have laptop or simple computer. Then where is yours Router (modem) location and where is yours computer location. I hope i can help you then :):P
kahcepb[RU]
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by kahcepb[RU] »

RuSSian_coredUMPED~ wrote: А это по логам какого сервера? Я в основном пытаюсь бывать на в.у.
сервере. Но пробовал на многих. Раньше бывали предупреждения о лагах, но теперь нет, только выкидывает меня через какое-то время (сейчас уже удавалось продержаться и минуты 3).
Какие именно установки сети нужно посмотреть?

Дмитрий / Dmitry (Moscow)
the server on which logs i refer is bzflag.wnc.or.at. (88.151.78.143)

if you wish i can send you partial log (the part regarded to your connection attempts).

your side seem to drop connection right after successfull login (there's no normal PLAYER-PART sequence).

also, listen to {janis} :) : give us as much details of your setup as possible (OS, bzflag version, networking hardware)

2everyone reading this topic: this prob is unrelated to dsl type of connection.

P.S. Давай на русском в приват, большинство посетителей англоговорящие.
RuSSian_coredUMPED~
Private
Private

{janis} wrote:RuSSian_coredUMPED~
Dima computer model?! Say yours computer model. Then wich Bzflag version you use. And say to me if you use Router (modem) Wireless or with Wire and then if you have laptop or simple computer. Then where is yours Router (modem) location and where is yours computer location. I hope i can help you then :):P
PC desktop: p4p800, 3Gh, cable LAN 1Gb Marvell
BZ: 2.08
your side seem to drop connection right after successfull login (there's no normal PLAYER-PART sequence).
Today connection with server was good and not disconnected all the game!
I think - it was an internet provider`s problems.

I will try to test it again. I hope - the problem is over.