HELP

Help with Setup, Hardware, Performance or other Issues...Or just pimp your rig.
haxx
Private
Private

HELP

Post by haxx »

hi im new 2 this. i need help with every thing.it says when i go on 2 this server that i need 2 identify my self because this calsign is allready redgisterd,and its my callsign and ive redgisterd allready :( can sm 1 help me plz? :|

haxx
themself?
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by themself? »

JeffM2501 wrote:a couple things people forget.

1) global login does NOT USE /IDENTIFY or /REGISTER. It never has, never will. That is why they are disabled for servers that do global login only. Do not put your password in a chatbox ever. If you do, you have just given it to the server owner. Your callsign and password are put in the fields in game, nowhere else. The global login is done by your client and the list server, so the game server does not ever get your password.

2) if you have a caching proxy server at your ISP ( many many people do ) you may have login problems. If you are geting bad tokens then it means your ISP did not return the current web page from the list server, but a cached version of it. This means that you got an old token, that is indeed BAD. The simplest thing to try and fix this is to have your game use port 81 to talk to the list server, most ISPs will not cache that.

Just open your config, find the line that says "#set list http://my.bzflag.org/db" and just take off the # and put :81 after the .org.

3) if you have problems geting to the list server, make sure that if you have firewall software, it is set up to let bzflag send out web requests on port 80, just like a browser, it's how we talk to the list server.
bzflaginator
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by bzflaginator »

He is probably a youngster so chill out. If you registered that callsign, make sure the password you entered is correct for global login, and if that doesnt work, in the server messages that first appear when you join, check to make sure it doesnt say something like, "Server Login" or something weird about local login (I cant remember what is said, its been awhile.)

Put it basically for someone like you :)
"He that falls in love with himself will have no rivals."