Compiling 2.0.8 with windows

Questions or HOWTOs about the above? Post 'em here...
^nightmare^
Private First Class
Private First Class

Compiling 2.0.8 with windows

Post by ^nightmare^ »

Ok, so i found the readme of how to compile bzflag with DEV-C++. So i thought i would give it a try. I did all the steps in the readme, but i guess i didnt do it right or it would be working..
These are the errors im getting:

14 C:\Documents and Settings\Garrett\Desktop\bzflag-2.0.8\src\platform\PlatformFactory.cxx In file included from ../src/platform/PlatformFactory.cxx

24 C:\Documents and Settings\Garrett\Desktop\bzflag-2.0.8\include\bzfSDL.h SDL.h: No such file or directory.

25 C:\Documents and Settings\Garrett\Desktop\bzflag-2.0.8\include\bzfSDL.h SDL_thread.h: No such file or directory.

26 C:\Documents and Settings\Garrett\Desktop\bzflag-2.0.8\include\bzfSDL.h SDL_getenv.h: No such file or directory.

C:\Documents and Settings\Garrett\Desktop\bzflag-2.0.8\src\platform\PlatformFactory.cxx In constructor `PlatformFactory::PlatformFactory()':

25 C:\Documents and Settings\Garrett\Desktop\bzflag-2.0.8\src\platform\PlatformFactory.cxx `Uint32' undeclared (first use this function) (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in.)

25 C:\Documents and Settings\Garrett\Desktop\bzflag-2.0.8\src\platform\PlatformFactory.cxx expected `;' before "flags"

29 C:\Documents and Settings\Garrett\Desktop\bzflag-2.0.8\src\platform\PlatformFactory.cxx `flags' undeclared (first use this function)

29 C:\Documents and Settings\Garrett\Desktop\bzflag-2.0.8\src\platform\PlatformFactory.cxx `SDL_Init' undeclared (first use this function)

30 C:\Documents and Settings\Garrett\Desktop\bzflag-2.0.8\src\platform\PlatformFactory.cxx `SDL_GetError' undeclared (first use this function)

C:\Documents and Settings\Garrett\Desktop\bzflag-2.0.8\src\platform\PlatformFactory.cxx In destructor `virtual PlatformFactory::~PlatformFactory()':

41 C:\Documents and Settings\Garrett\Desktop\bzflag-2.0.8\src\platform\PlatformFactory.cxx `SDL_Quit' undeclared (first use this function)

C:\Documents and Settings\Garrett\Desktop\bzflag-2.0.8\Dev-C++\Makefile.win [Build Error] [../Dev-C++/PlatformFactory.o] Error 1

-thanks
Need bzflag help? Try looking here: http://www.freewebs.com/bznightmare/map ... aghelp.htm
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

devC++ is no longer maintained or supported.

basically your missing SDL, install that. Since the DevC++ build is based on the linux build and not the windows build, it works totally differently then the versions we build for release.

few people will be able to help you make this work, and you will probably have to fix the devC++ projects yourself.

The devC++ projects were removed in 2.99.x, since Microsoft has a number of free versions of visual C++ (2005 and 2008 express edition ) and those can use the normal developer projects ).
ImageJeffM