bzwgen

Questions or HOWTOs about the above? Post 'em here...
Anthony
Private First Class
Private First Class

bzwgen

Post by Anthony »

can anyone tell me what im doing wrong

------ Build started: Project: bzwgen, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
Running bison
'bison' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Running bison"
Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\Desktop\bzwgen\MSVC\VC8\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
bzwgen - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

so i try it again with a different verson or somthing in the folder

------ Build started: Project: bzwgen, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
Compiling...
RuleSet.cxx
Rule.cxx
Operation.cxx
Expression.cxx
TextUtils.cxx
OSFile.cxx
commandArgs.cxx
Mesh.cxx
Material.cxx
GridMap.cxx
GridGenerator.cxx
Generator.cxx
FloorZone.cxx
bzwgen.cxx
BuildZone.cxx
Generating Code...
Compiling...
parser.cxx
c:\documents and settings\compaq_owner\desktop\bzwgen\msvc\parser.cxx(1145) : warning C4065: switch statement contains 'default' but no 'case' labels
lexer.cxx
c:\documents and settings\compaq_owner\desktop\bzwgen\msvc\lexer.cxx(763) : warning C4102: 'find_rule' : unreferenced label
Generating Code...
Linking...
Operation.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: int __thiscall MultiFace::addFace(class Face *)" (?addFace@MultiFace@@QAEHPAVFace@@@Z) referenced in function "public: virtual int __thiscall OperationAddFace::runMesh(class Mesh *,int)" (?runMesh@OperationAddFace@@UAEHPAVMesh@@H@Z)
Operation.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: class std::vector<int,class std::allocator<int> > * __thiscall MultiFace::detachFace(int)" (?detachFace@MultiFace@@QAEPAV?$vector@HV?$allocator@H@std@@@std@@H@Z) referenced in function "public: virtual int __thiscall OperationDetachFace::runMesh(class Mesh *,int)" (?runMesh@OperationDetachFace@@UAEHPAVMesh@@H@Z)
C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\Desktop\bzwgen\MSVC\VC71\Debug\bzwgen.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals
Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\Desktop\bzwgen\MSVC\VC71\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
bzwgen - 3 error(s), 2 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
macsforme
General
General

Post by macsforme »

You need to install Bison. http://www.gnu.org/software/bison/
joevano
General
General

Re: bzwgen

Post by joevano »

tonywolfe212 wrote:Running bison
'bison' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Running bison"
tonywolfe212, when compiling you need to at least check the Readme file for dependencies. Looks like you are missing 'bison', and maybe even 'flex' (as that is a requirement also). Look in the readme file in the root directory of the source...
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln
Anthony
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Anthony »

sorry i dident try to open it because it dident link to a program like word or notepad it was just a file
Anthony
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Anthony »

but correct me if im wrong but their is nothing for windows in the link you gave me Constitution
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

tonywolfe212 wrote:sorry i dident try to open it because it dident link to a program like word or notepad it was just a file
Most operating systems don't use file extensions. README, means well, read me. It is obviously a text file.
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln
tw1sted
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by tw1sted »

tonywolfe212 wrote:sorry i dident try to open it because it dident link to a program like word or notepad it was just a file
Then right click it, choose "Open With" and select notepad or some other text editor...
F687/s
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by F687/s »

> Then right click it, choose "Open With" and select notepad or some other
> text editor...

Actually, use Wordpad. It handles files with Unix line-endings better.
(In other words, if you open it up with Notepad and see a big monolithic square-delimited mess, use Wordpad)
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

tonywolfe212, I ran a search for "bison win32", and guess what I found! A version of bison for Windows!

http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/bison.htm

Same for flex.

http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/flex.htm

Really amazing how you can search the Internet.

Anyway, keep in mind that compiling isn't for the weak of heart (or mind). It's not always as trivial as hitting a button and having it spit out a binary to run. Dependencies can make it much more complicated.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)