MPlayer in Bzflag

Questions or HOWTOs about the above? Post 'em here...
Mrover
Private
Private

MPlayer in Bzflag

Post by Mrover »

Hi.
I'd like to make additional window, similar to radar but with mplayer instead. I know C & C++ a bit. Could you give me some advices? Where can I find files responsible for displaying elements like radar, scoreboard.
Yours faithfully,
Jakub.

Sorry for my English.
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Re: MPlayer in Bzflag

Post by JeffM »

the HUDRenderer handles all the drawing of the radar and scoreboard.

The hard part will be making that other window, our platform and GL system is only setup for one window/context
ImageJeffM
clarahobbs
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by clarahobbs »

Why do you need that? You could just start MPlayer and then start BZFlag. And of course, you can make BZFlag in a window by pressing F1, or minimize it by pressing F4.
FKA Ratfink
dexter
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dexter »

Because he's obviously trying to integrate it into the game. Applications like iTunes tend to take up a lot of CPU or do things in the background that can cause quite a bit of lag and slow the computer down. It's not a bad idea, actually. Would be nice to have a separate BZFlag media library where you could select a playlist form within the game.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

I had something like this years ago for Winamp.

http://static.bzexcess.com/misc_screens ... winamp.jpg

Didn't look good, but I didn't (and still don't) know OpenGL enough to do anything nice. Had a lame text-based progress bar. I could control the volume, stop, pause, play and switch songs with keystrokes coded into BZFlag.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)