BZWorkbench on a mac

Questions or HOWTOs about the above? Post 'em here...
allejo
Breaker of Builds
Breaker of Builds

BZWorkbench on a mac

Post by allejo »

I am currently aware that bzwordbench is under "heavy development" as stated in the files in the bzworkbench source. But I just want to try to compile bzworkbench on my mac to see if how its coming along. Anyway when i try to compile it... It starts and then stops with this error.

Code: Select all

make[1]: *** No rule to make target `src/objects/meshbox.o', needed by `bzworkbench'.  Stop.
make: *** [all] Error 2
Am I missing a package to build this or is it not possible to compile on macs yet?

Thanks
blast
General
General

Re: BZWorkbench on a mac

Post by blast »

The build system is a bit out of date. Does the same thing for me on linux.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Enigma
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: BZWorkbench on a mac

Post by Enigma »

I wrote a CMake build script to build BZWorkbench a while ago as a project to learn CMake. You can use it to build BZWb. I updated it to work with the current svn code. I should mention that, even though it compiles fine, it always has problems finding and loading the OpenThreads and OSG lbraries. I always have to run it in gdb.

Also, the FindOSG cmake package doesn't work with the OSG frameworks downloaded from http://www.cuboslocos.com/tutorials/OSG-GettingStarted. For some reason cmake can't get the version information. I would install OSG either by using macports or compiling it yourself. If you want to build OSG as a universal library, I recommend installing gdal and its dependencies from http://www.kyngchaos.com/software:frameworks because compiling gdal as a universal binary is a pain. You need gdal, as the osgTerrain library requires it. You could probably skip that library though.

To use this, copy CMakeLists.txt to bzworkbench/, and create a build folder. This is so you can do an out-of-source build, which has the benefit of not placing the object files in the source tree. If your build folder is CMakeBuild, then do...

Code: Select all

mkdir bzworkbench/CMakeBuild
cd bzworkbench/CMakeBuild
cmake ../
make
I should also add that I wrote this after using CMake for about a day. It's not meant to be a complete build system.
Attachments
CMakeLists.txt
(6.26 KiB) Downloaded 140 times