Application's test case

Questions or HOWTOs about the above? Post 'em here...
imax_1
Private
Private

Application's test case

Post by imax_1 »

Hello,

I am experimenting a software analysis tool using your game (a 5 Mb demanding application is sweet). I managed to compile and run it without any problem, setting up the local server for my machine, but now a problem arisen to me:
I need to be able to have the bzflag game calls as much as its procedures as possible. So I wondered if you have a sort of 'test case', or if there is a way to play a big replay that 'considers' as many situations as possible.

Is there a replay system available, or a (sort of) test case for bzflag?

Thanks in advance,
Max
blast
General
General

Re: Application's test case

Post by blast »

There is a recording and replay system build into the game server. You might want to look into the various -rec* options for bzfs which would let you record, and then the -replay option which would turn the server into a replay server.

Basic recording example:
bzfs -recdir recordings -password test

• /password test
  • /record file SomeFile
  • /record start
  • Join another client with several bots (-solo option of bzfs), or several clients (join them, spawn, and press 9 for autopilot), or whatever you need for data - and then let it run for a while.
  • /record stop
  • /shutdownserver
Then you could start the replay server:
bzfs -recdir recordings -password test -replay

And run:
  • /replay load SomeFile
  • /replay play
Hope that's what you were looking for.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

tobylane
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by tobylane »

I believe he means some sort of stress tester, something that has a go at every function possible.

I'm not aware of one, and the bots aren't smart enough to do everything in the complex/plugin-enhanced maps, so you'd have to make one. All the API calls are on the wiki.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

The plugin API won't really help him.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)