building in OS X using Xcode?

Questions or HOWTOs about the above? Post 'em here...
katanna
Private First Class
Private First Class

building in OS X using Xcode?

Post by katanna »

Is there any easy way to build bzflag using xcode and OS X?
Thanks!

Matthew
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

there is an x code project in the source tree. Just build with it.

Moving post to building issues.
ImageJeffM
elmer fudd
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by elmer fudd »

src/platform/MACOSX/BZFlag.xcode
although it didnt work 4 me
learner
General
General

XCode project

Post by learner »

The XCode project is presently separately maintained from the autotools build system (i.e. running autogen.sh, configure, and make on the command line). Due to limited resources, the XCode project is only occassionally sync'd up so that it works. The project is usually repaired right before a release. Pulling from CVS HEAD, however, means that it's very likely that it will not work.

I've simply not got enough resources and time to maintain the XCode project so that it is always in sync. I'm of course _very_ interested if someone else would like to help keep the project building.. See me or brlcad on IRC in #bzflag on irc.freenode.net.

That said, the fixes to get the XCode project to work is usually just a matter of adding/removing files that have recently been added. As this is the main issue most of the time, I'm wanting to move the XCode project to simply be a wrapper for the autotools build system -- the only trick being to have the autotools build system optionally generate an .app bundle automatically.

Cheers!