Ubuntu 11.10 64-bit binary build (untested)

Questions or HOWTOs about the above? Post 'em here...
blast
General
General

Ubuntu 11.10 64-bit binary build (untested)

Post by blast »

I successfully (well, maybe) built a binary package for BZFlag 2.4.1 (latest SVN code) on Ubuntu 11.10 64-bit. I have not tested it as I was building it in a VM so far. However, if someone has a clean system (without BZFlag, ideally a freshly installed system) that wants to try it out and report back, that would be appreciated.

http://static.bzexcess.com/downloads/ubuntu/oneiric/

There are four .deb files there. You'll need at least the client and data ones. If you get all four and try to install the "bzflag_2.4.1.20111031-1_all.deb" one, I'm assuming it will include the client, data, and server debs are dependencies. But I haven't tried, so... have fun. I'll probably install a 11.10 system when I get home and see for myself as well, but more people testing is good.

This will likely only work on Ubuntu 11.10 64-bit, so please use that specific version/architecture.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Yrogirg
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Ubuntu 11.10 64-bit binary build (untested)

Post by Yrogirg »

I've tested the client, but not on the fresh install. Seems fine. Since you did it in VM you could easily do i386 too? Note that Canonical suggests to use 32 bit version by default, I think many people use it on 64-bit architecture.
Yrogirg
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Ubuntu 11.10 64-bit binary build (untested)

Post by Yrogirg »

hey, what's this:

http://www.playdeb.net/software/BZFlag

?

I once installed 2.0.16 (32 bit) deb from this site, it was ok. May it be the answer for those seeking 2.4 deb?