Screencap Without UI

Questions or HOWTOs about the above? Post 'em here...
imgwrpr
Private
Private

Screencap Without UI

Post by imgwrpr »

Hey, I have a quick question that hopefully some of the devs here might know the answer to. I apologize ahead of time if the question sounds dumb. I'm trying to implement a function that will (among other things) capture frames. I currently am using glReadPixels() to capture each frame, by calling it in drawFrame() in playing.cxx. That works, except it captures the UI along with the scene. Anyone who is more familiar with BZFlag code know of a quick way to grab just the scene, without the UI, and save it to a buffer of pixels?
blast
General
General

Re: Screencap Without UI

Post by blast »

Could you just turn off the UI before you begin the capture? The radar and chat can be removed with q and w by default, and doing '/localset noGUI 1'. With that done, none of the UI elements will show up, except for the text input if you press one of the chat keys.

Also, I imagine that this will be far too slow for a good video capture. Perhaps you would prefer something like Fraps or Bandicam that is designed for this kind of thing?
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

imgwrpr
Private
Private

Re: Screencap Without UI

Post by imgwrpr »

That will do nicely. Cheers!

I'm capturing within BZFlag because I need the viewing context, so I don't believe I could substitute Fraps for the purpose.