how do i load a plugin on windows

Questions or HOWTOs about the above? Post 'em here...
DeltaFlame
Private First Class
Private First Class

how do i load a plugin on windows

Post by DeltaFlame »

ok ive got a plugin with custom flags that i want to load on a public server but i dont know how to compile it
i know that i have to type in on the map file -loadplugin CustomFlags (the name of the plugin i wish to load) but when i attempt to open the server a pop up message comes up saying somthing about the plugin either not working or not compatable for windows
please also note that my bzflag is saved in program files x86 just in case this is important

thanks

Magick
Ragu sauce: If you gave this to someone who was actually from Italy, they'd punch you in the face.
blast
General
General

Re: how do i load a plugin on windows

Post by blast »

Wait, you're trying to run a public server from Windows? Don't even both with that. It will not work well as there are known issues with hosting servers on Windows.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

DeltaFlame
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by DeltaFlame »

but do you know how to compile the plugin?
Ragu sauce: If you gave this to someone who was actually from Italy, they'd punch you in the face.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

With Visual C++ 2008, for 2.4.0. The latest SVN trunk uses Visual C++ 2010.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)