Game 2.4.2 OpenSSL Compatibility

Questions or HOWTOs about the above? Post 'em here...
zel
Private First Class
Private First Class

Game 2.4.2 OpenSSL Compatibility

Post by zel »

Tried compiling from source on Ubuntu and got a compile error referencing SSLv2_client_method() in ssluse.c.

I was able to get around this by using:

Code: Select all

./configure --without-ssl
blast
General
General

Re: Game 2.4.2 OpenSSL Compatibility

Post by blast »

Did you follow the instructions in the README.Linux file? Which version of Ubuntu is this?
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

zel
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by zel »

@Blast:

I did follow instruction in README.Linux. I am running

Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
I said in my previous post that compiling using --without-ssl flag worked - not so. Compiled, but I couldn't connect properly to the list or authentication servers.

The change I ended up making was to a switch block in /src/other/curl/lib/ssluse.c, beginning about line 1443, my change about line 1455:

case CURL_SSLVERSION_SSLv2:
    /* HERE! I substituted SSLv23_client_method() in place of SSLv2_client_method() */
    req_method = SSLv23_client_method();
    use_sni(FALSE);
    break;
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

If you installed the libraries in the README.Linux and then ran ./configure, it shouldn't be using much of anything from src/other/ at all as it should be using system-level libraries. The only one it should still use is src/other/regex/.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)