Problems compiling latest CVS

Questions or HOWTOs about the above? Post 'em here...
Dameon1
Private
Private

Problems compiling latest CVS

Post by Dameon1 »

I have tried the latest CVS with MingW and Dev-C++. Dev-C++ complains about some crazy problem with an SDL header (its there, but says there is a syntax error. I certainly dont see it). MingW, when running configure, spits out a bunch of errors for sed. Has anyone else had these problems? Mingw worked fine with the stable I downloaded and have been working on, but I wanted to see what has been added since 1.10.8.
Lan
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Lan »

What is the error it tells you about the SDL header when using Dev-C++?
DTRemenak
General
General

Post by DTRemenak »

The errors from sed on mingw imply that you didn't check out the sources with unix linefeeds. As README.MINGW32 says:
If you get bzflag files from CVS be sure to check them out with UNIX linebreaks, or MSYS will choke. In WinCVS, this can be done with the "Check out text files with the Unix LF (0xA)" option in Global Preferences; in TortoiseCVS, use the "Unix line endings" option in Advanced Preferences.
and from the troubleshooting section:
Q. When I run ./configure, sed dumps the contents of version.h, configure continues normally for a while, and then I get repeated sed errors like "sed: <file>: unterminated `s' command" and others. Make fails with "*** No targets. Stop." or similar.
A. When checking out the bzflag sources from CVS, you must check them out with UNIX line breaks. For instructions for TortoiseCVS or WinCVS, see Part IV. Alternatively, use mingw's or cygwin's built-in CVS to check out the files....